Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please Mssrs. Nutting...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 pm 

Since the 1979 season the world has changed. The Soviet Union fell, China became an economic super power, the world has seen a unified effort in space exploration, the United States has elected a non-white as its President and the list can go on and on. While I appreciate that it is important for some things to remain constant in such changing times, I do not believe that it is the Pittsburgh Pirates organization's obligation to maintain its high level of incompetency merely to allow the citizens of Pittsburgh to have stability in their lives.

Since Harding Petterson left the city years ago (or was he banished) your organization has found it impossible to achieve what four expansion teams have accomplished---represent the National League in the World Series. For the majority of these a losing season is what we, the fans, were given.

Please, it must stop. It must. When the Phillies lost the 10,000th game, it was national news. Should the Pirates have a losing season in 2009, they will memorialized as the most consistent losers of the past 110 years. Do not allow this to happen. For the interest of the organization and the city, you must take action. If you see fit to retain a hold on the revenue you receive from the payroll tax, please do the right thing and end this. Be merciful and just. Plunge a knife in the heart of the team and shut it down. Allow MLB to establish a trust to run the team. It has not been that long ago that the Expos were run by the a group. Be honest and admit the world that you, your family and its business enterprise has no desire to see a winner...only profit.

If you are unwilling to do this, I would ask that you put a team on the field that gives the fans a real laugh and not merely a sigh. Field a team of players from the Pirates glory years, while their advanced age may not allow them to compete, it would, at least, allow for us to remember what a great organization this was. Can you imagine the cheers when the Candy Man takes the mound and tosses a strong curve to Ed Ott. My goodness, the mere thought of Matt Alexander coming out to pinch run for Bill Madlock would bring true tears to our eyes.

Very truly yours,

A VERY TIRED FAN

Post subject: Re: Please Mssrs. Nutting...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 pm 

me = confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:49 pm 

jabram wrote:
Since the 1979 season the world has changed. The Soviet Union fell, China became an economic super power, the world has seen a unified effort in space exploration, the United States has elected a non-white as its President and the list can go on and on. While I appreciate that it is important for some things to remain constant in such changing times, I do not believe that it is the Pittsburgh Pirates organization's obligation to maintain its high level of incompetency merely to allow the citizens of Pittsburgh to have stability in their lives.

Since Harding Petterson left the city years ago (or was he banished) your organization has found it impossible to achieve what four expansion teams have accomplished---represent the National League in the World Series. For the majority of these a losing season is what we, the fans, were given.

Please, it must stop. It must. When the Phillies lost the 10,000th game, it was national news. Should the Pirates have a losing season in 2009, they will memorialized as the most consistent losers of the past 110 years. Do not allow this to happen. For the interest of the organization and the city, you must take action. If you see fit to retain a hold on the revenue you receive from the payroll tax, please do the right thing and end this. Be merciful and just. Plunge a knife in the heart of the team and shut it down. Allow MLB to establish a trust to run the team. It has not been that long ago that the Expos were run by the a group. Be honest and admit the world that you, your family and its business enterprise has no desire to see a winner...only profit.

If you are unwilling to do this, I would ask that you put a team on the field that gives the fans a real laugh and not merely a sigh. Field a team of players from the Pirates glory years, while their advanced age may not allow them to compete, it would, at least, allow for us to remember what a great organization this was. Can you imagine the cheers when the Candy Man takes the mound and tosses a strong curve to Ed Ott. My goodness, the mere thought of Matt Alexander coming out to pinch run for Bill Madlock would bring true tears to our eyes.

Very truly yours,

A VERY TIRED FAN

Tired or very very very very drunk...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 pm 

Cant wait for his 2nd post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 am 

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo...