Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: You know who I miss on days like this?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm 

Neil said, our biggest need is catcher. Martin is the best one available. Guess I'll target him. It wasn't complicated, or at least didn't need to be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 pm 

Judge Landis wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Judge Landis and Bucco Boy: Both of you need to knock off the ad hominum attacks. The insults are just juvenile, go nowhere and just throw gasoline on to a roaring fire.

Can we behave like grownups here and hammer things out?

There's nothing to hammer out, Bob. Beyond my misgivings about posting on a board where my comments are going to be censored for no legitimate reason, it's been made plainly obvious to me that I don't fit in here anymore. You don't notice it because you've been here the whole time, but take it from someone who wasn't around for 7 years: This board has changed. I fit in back in the Wild West days when No. 12 was running things. I don't belong here anymore. I'm not going to post here anymore. I had one last thing to say and I said it. I'm out.

Well of course the board has changed over 7 years. Nice to hear from you Judge, hope you're doing well, but if you feel like you don't belong, then you're right.

I certainly have never felt that my posts were being censored, but then I'm not here to talk politics and would not ordinarily say anything overly offensive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:51 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
Well of course the board has changed over 7 years. Nice to hear from you Judge, hope you're doing well, but if you feel like you don't belong, then you're right.

I certainly have never felt that my posts were being censored, but then I'm not here to talk politics and would not ordinarily say anything overly offensive.

Kiss my ass Ralphie. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:00 pm 
 WWW  Profile

No. 9 wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

Kiss my ass Ralphie. ;)

You really are a dick Ralphie. :lol:

Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) at #3 Texas Christian Horned Frogs (10-1)
Saturday, December 6, 2014 11:00 AM
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Forth Worth, TX
ABC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:21 pm 

I'm going to take the unpopular side here and note that I enjoy when Judge Landis pokes his head in here to post. I have no problem with the politics he has posted (as a libertarian, I find that the only thing worse than a liberal is a conservative...or is it vice versa) though I generally would like to see that stuff confined to the water cooler instead of the rotunda. I generally enjoyed reading his thoughts (I'm talking about him in the third person since it sounds like he is gone again) about baseball because he made articulate, well reasoned points. And the abrasiveness doesn't bother me one bit, I like learning new phrases to use while stuck in traffic (and since I commute on I-95, I need a lot of them). As was stated, the board has changed a lot, and if anything, I find there are a lot of thin skinned folks here. If you are spouting off like a stupid effing peckerhead, then you deserve someone telling you that you are being a stupid effing peckerhead.

That's not to say we have to go all CIA here, but I think we are at the far opposite end of the spectrum. I tended to like it a little better when it was more of a "bar" atmosphere- loose conversation, rough language once in a while, but general comraderie. Instead, I feel like every post here is an "atta boy" post to avoid hurting feelings, or a, um, "discussion" among certain classes of folks (we'll call them "lawyers") who want to break down every little semantic point to see who is smarter. While this board used to be my go to (and is still my home page on some of my devices) I post far less and even read much less than I used to. I don't even bother with game threads any more, they've become a wasteland of comments punctuated by an occasional worthwhile post. I'd rather just follow Twitter.

Just my 2 cents. I kinda hope the Judge sticks around. We need some tree hugging, homo-loving, AlJazeera-watching Commie pigs around here. So stick around, asshole. (See, Clevelandsux, that is another situation where a comma is important.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

BBF wrote:
Just my 2 cents. I kinda hope the Judge sticks around. We need some tree hugging, homo-loving, AlJazeera-watching Commie pigs around here. So stick around, asshole. (See, Clevelandsux, that is another situation where a comma is important.)

Greatest paragraph in UPPMB history?

Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) at #3 Texas Christian Horned Frogs (10-1)
Saturday, December 6, 2014 11:00 AM
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Forth Worth, TX
ABC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 pm 

Posts like this are what make this place special......good one....... 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 pm 

Posts like this are what make this place special......good one....... 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 pm 

Sorry, don't quite know how that happened. I guess I was laughing too hard..... :lol: :lol: