Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1590
I'm pretty bummed. My favorite boubon, Elijah Craig, used to have 18 year old dated bottles. About a year ago I wanted to buy three of them, dated prior to October 15, 1992. They recently discontinued the 18 year old and are introducing 20 year old, but its not out yet!

Sigh! I had planned to commemorate three milestones with bourbon that went into the barrell before Sid slid!

:(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5903
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Corsair wrote:
I'm pretty bummed. My favorite boubon, Elijah Craig, used to have 18 year old dated bottles. About a year ago I wanted to buy three of them, dated prior to October 15, 1992. They recently discontinued the 18 year old and are introducing 20 year old, but its not out yet!

Sigh! I had planned to commemorate three milestones with bourbon that went into the barrell before Sid slid!

:(


No worries . . . here's your answer: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3648.aspx

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 5012
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
No. 9 wrote:
No worries . . . here's your answer: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3648.aspx


What?!? Only one bottle per customer? I'll have to pass as I was looking to purchase two.

_________________
Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) at #3 Texas Christian Horned Frogs (10-1)
Saturday, December 6, 2014 11:00 AM
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Forth Worth, TX
ABC


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 pm
Posts: 457
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
I plan on celebrating our upcoming milestone wins with a few of these that I have left over from my trip to see the Bucs in Miami five weeks ago:

Image

_________________
Pittsburgh Baseball: Rebuilt and Reloaded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10760
Prince of Pittsburgh wrote:
I plan on celebrating our upcoming milestone wins with a few of these that I have left over from my trip to see the Bucs in Miami five weeks ago:

Image

Is that from the "Irate Fans" site? :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 pm
Posts: 408
Miller Light and Fireball will be on the agenda for 82!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5558
Location: Pittsburgh
NSMaster56 wrote:
Look, it's finally happening. Maybe in two days, or maybe a few days after, but it's finally going to happen. So don't go crying about 'jinxes' and such.

This being the case, how are you planning to take in, enjoy, celebrate or otherwise finally gain satsifaction knowing that the Bucs will have cracked .500 for the first time in 20 years?

I won't care, other than the slight satisfaction gained from not having to listen to, "But it's been 20 years!", as if that is an argument for trading Taillon for some utility player.

But I know damn well that when the Pirates go 1-3 to start next season, those same people will be screaming, "But it's been 20 of the last 21 years!", even if the Bucs go all the way this year.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5558
Location: Pittsburgh
IA Pirate wrote:
No. 9 wrote:
No worries . . . here's your answer: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3648.aspx


What?!? Only one bottle per customer? I'll have to pass as I was looking to purchase two.

So get your neighbor to order you one :D

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:38 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5708
Agree with yous' saying that 82 isn't the goal, etc.

Still going to revel in this while it lasts. This is a 'Bucket List' event.

It's too bad I won't be anywhere near 'Burgh when it finally happens... I would stuff myself with so much Primanti's that I would explode with slaw and fries like a Pinata if you patted me on the back.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1462
Location: Eastern Shore
So, is it a baseball thing that so many of you want to celebrate with alcohol, or is it more if a Burgh thing? I don't drink, so I'll celebrate by making the beast with two backs with the wife. Of course, the challenge is to make her think we're celebrating something she cares about....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5708
val wrote:
So, is it a baseball thing that so many of you want to celebrate with alcohol, or is it more if a Burgh thing? I don't drink, so I'll celebrate by making the beast with two backs with the wife. Of course, the challenge is to make her think we're celebrating something she cares about....


It's an 'I'm under 30 and want to abuse my liver while I still can' thing. :D

EDIT: It's also an 'I'm under 30 and I'll make any excuse to drink, but it feels good to have an easy one!' thing. :D

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
sisyphus wrote:
I won't care, other than the slight satisfaction gained from not having to listen to, "But it's been 20 years!", as if that is an argument for trading Taillon for some utility player.

But I know damn well that when the Pirates go 1-3 to start next season, those same people will be screaming, "But it's been 20 of the last 21 years!", even if the Bucs go all the way this year.


Basically exactly this.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
sisyphus wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:
Look, it's finally happening. Maybe in two days, or maybe a few days after, but it's finally going to happen. So don't go crying about 'jinxes' and such.

This being the case, how are you planning to take in, enjoy, celebrate or otherwise finally gain satsifaction knowing that the Bucs will have cracked .500 for the first time in 20 years?

I won't care, other than the slight satisfaction gained from not having to listen to, "But it's been 20 years!", as if that is an argument for trading Taillon for some utility player.

But I know damn well that when the Pirates go 1-3 to start next season, those same people will be screaming, "But it's been 20 of the last 21 years!", even if the Bucs go all the way this year.


I always find it funny when people seem surprised that there are dummies out there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1590
Similar to Bucfan, I brought a case of Iron City back home to Texas with me last year. I have two left. The first is being consumed now. I'll let you guess when the second will see my gullet. :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 5012
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
I celebrated 81. All hell may break lose with 82!

_________________
Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) at #3 Texas Christian Horned Frogs (10-1)
Saturday, December 6, 2014 11:00 AM
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Forth Worth, TX
ABC


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
To me I compare this to taking a dump. I huge relief, but no reason to celebrate.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How will you take in #82?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Rochester, New York
Clevelandsux wrote:
To me I compare this to taking a dump. I huge relief, but no reason to celebrate.


I'd say it's reason to celebrate if you've been constipated for 20 years.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits