Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rain in the forecast
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 am 

It's predicted to rain in Pittsburgh tonight. The Bucs might get rained out forcing them to be idle two days in a row. Maybe that's good...maybe that's bad. But, with a Cards win tonight, that will put the Bucs 1 1/2 games back of the Cards in 2nd place. Even with a Cards loss, the Bucs will still be in 2nd place. It's going to be back and forth until the end of the season IF the Pirates stay competitive...and that means solid pitching, solid defense, and an effective OFFENSE.

All I know is, when the Pirates DO take the field again against the Brewers, the offense BETTER show up and score some runs. The battle for the Central Division title and whether or not the Bucs advance far into the playoffs will depend on the offense scoring enough runs to win games.

I'm thrilled over the fact that the Pirates have made it this far. But at the same time, I will hate it if the Bucs get knocked out of any playoff push because of a weak offense. That might happen, but I will be extremely disappointed.

Post subject: Re: Rain in the forecast
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am 

With this being the last home series against the brewers I figure we'll see the weather waited out, maybe a delay to games for the starting pitchers or even a double header on short notice.

A for the offense tonight will be interesting to see if the bucs can get to Loushe. Bucs usually don't hit him and his changeup.

Will Locke quit worrying about what the batters are doing, quit pitching so tight and trust the defense behind him? When are the multiple walks going to end?. Don't be afraid to tighten up your strike zone, change speeds.

Last edited by buccosfan77 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rain in the forecast
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:22 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
It's predicted to rain in Pittsburgh tonight. The Bucs might get rained out forcing them to be idle two days in a row. Maybe that's good...maybe that's bad. But, with a Cards win tonight, that will put the Bucs 1 1/2 games back of the Cards in 2nd place. Even with a Cards loss, the Bucs will still be in 2nd place. It's going to be back and forth until the end of the season IF the Pirates stay competitive...and that means solid pitching, solid defense, and an effective OFFENSE.

All I know is, when the Pirates DO take the field again against the Brewers, the offense BETTER show up and score some runs. The battle for the Central Division title and whether or not the Bucs advance far into the playoffs will depend on the offense scoring enough runs to win games.

I'm thrilled over the fact that the Pirates have made it this far. But at the same time, I will hate it if the Bucs get knocked out of any playoff push because of a weak offense. That might happen, but I will be extremely disappointed.

We're only a half game back bassoon. So a rainout and Cards win would put us back 1 ...Cards loss would bring us even. It'll be stormy all night in the Burgh so we'll see.