Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clint Hurdle's management of AJ Burnett .....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:13 am 

First of all, I acknowledge that I'll be commenting on this through the prism of someone who has to follow his team through message boards and game-day presentations. Let me also say that Clint Hurdle should, hands down, be NL manager of the year. As a life-long Bucs fan, even if from afar, I realize it was a blessed day when we were lucky enough to secure his services as our field manager. However, one imperfection is that he does seem to sit on his hands when AJ is falling apart on the mound. Whatever personal dynamic exists between the two is exacerbated when CH fails to do the right thing and pull the guy out of there when he's getting hammered. CH needs to come to grips with the fact that it's better to listen to the-ration-of-crap overreaction from alpha male AJ than it is to let a game fall out of reach.

Go Bucs!

Post subject: Re: Clint Hurdle's management of AJ Burnett .....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 am 

AJ worked hard all day to get out of jams as his control wasn't where it needed to be. I believe he needed a double play to get out of the inning and send his team to the top of the 9th to give it one more go and score him some runs. The pitch that Sandoval hit for a triple was a breaking ball down in the zone and he could've easily rolled over on it. Call me optimistic.