Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keys to a successful Pirate offense
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am 

Cutch and Walker

When those two guys are hitting and driving in runs, the Pirates are a tough team to beat (provided the defense and pitching stay strong :D ).

Go Bucs!

Post subject: Re: Keys to a successful Pirate offense
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 am 

Agreed. Also would like to point out that the bucs offense has picked it up in regards to base knocks. It seems like the pirates offense is getting at least 10 to 15 hits a game on a consistent basis. That's encouraging. I know it doesn't always convert to runs but I like it. The first game against the snakes shows how good this team is when they get solid starting pitching, key hits and textbook defense. The shark tank speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:02 am 

So to summarize, you're saying all we need is good hitting, good pitching, and good defense and we'll win games. Somebody should write that down. Gosh, I never thought of it like that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:39 pm 

BBF wrote:
So to summarize, you're saying all we need is good hitting, good pitching, and good defense and we'll win games. Somebody should write that down. Gosh, I never thought of it like that.

That's all that's needed. Though some here think the world is ending when the components of baseball fail to come together.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:44 pm 

BBF wrote:

BBF, I don't know what I've done to you in the past, but you seem to go out of your way to mock my posts. If that's what you like to do, fine. I've been a Board member a long time and I try to never argue or disagree with others and their posts for the most part. I hope I've been respectful to others in the past including you. I will continue to be so in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
BBF wrote:

BBF, I don't know what I've done to you in the past, but you seem to go out of your way to mock my posts. If that's what you like to do, fine. I've been a Board member a long time and I try to never argue or disagree with others and their posts for the most part. I hope I've been respectful to others in the past including you. I will continue to be so in the future.

I think he was mocking my post. I was starting the obvious, captain obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:55 pm 

I really think it was just as simple as adding back Walker and getting Snider out of the lineup.

Guys will vary from game to game, otherwise there'd be no reason to play it, but if you put up a lineup of solid players top-to-bottom they'll click more often than not.

Only starter below league average with the bat is Mercer, and it's just barely below it (he's at 98....league average is 100). And, for a SS, it's playable although preferably not long-term given the defense. That said, it's better than Zack Cozart's 70 and Pete Kozma's 51.