Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Win as a team...lose as a team
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:12 am 

I believe in that very much...but...there are certain Pirates that are not doing the job at the moment...

Cutch, Alvarez, Sanchez, Jones, AJ, and Locke are Pirates that MUST elevate their games and produce on a REGULAR basis. And they must start doing it now!

And Marte, who I really really like, has to...must...stop swinging at pitches away from him three feet off the plate. The only way to make contact with a pitch like I described is with an oar from a row boat! :roll: :roll: :roll:

PS: The only reason I mentioned Cutch was because he went 0-5 in the loss yesterday. Same with Walker.

Post subject: Re: Win as a team...lose as a team
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 am 
 WWW  Profile

That's going to happen. Walker rocketed one just foul in extras that I thought was going to bring home the run.

This happens to every single major league player ever. Remember Miguel Cabrera getting out for most of the 4 game set against Detroit? And Prince Fielder being shut down for the most part? Shizz happens in baseball.

Cutch will get it going, Walker has been making solid contact, and....and hopefully Pedro can get on one of those streaks where he actually makes contact with the baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:43 pm 

Win as a team...lose as a team

It's the second part that drives me insane.

And as a fan, I am completely entitled to throw a fit when the Pirates blow two games against a division rival. I hope the players are more mature about the whole thing, but good God, man (1) catch a lazy effing fly ball, (2) induce more lazy effing fly balls, and (3) hit a lazy effing fly ball or two.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm 
 WWW  Profile

bassoondirector wrote:
...and Marte, who I really really like, has to...must...stop swinging at pitches away from him three feet off the plate. The only way to make contact with a pitch like I described is with an oar from a row boat! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Starling had that problem here in Bradenton too. Some habits are hard to break.

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:42 pm 

Maybe we brought marte up too quickly. The guy clearly has the skills, but lacks in fundamentals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:50 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Win as a team...lose as a team

It's the second part that drives me insane.

And as a fan, I am completely entitled to throw a fit when the Pirates blow two games against a division rival. I hope the players are more mature about the whole thing, but good God, man (1) catch a lazy effing fly ball, (2) induce more lazy effing fly balls, and (3) hit a lazy effing fly ball or two.

I will continue to cheer loudly when we do well and bitch and moan when we play like shit, people act like we have something to do with the outcomes of games. We don't. These guys get paid big bucks to perform. We ain't hurting there feelings. It's up to them to silence there critics, not us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm 

Come on now....They are 5-5 in there last 10 games. The played 6 of those on the road and followed a very emotional home stand against the Cardinals where they took 4 of 5. They lost 2 games to the Cardinals in extra innings that the Cardinals win because they were the home team. Thats a Burgh sweep if they are played at PNC.

We have a tough series starting tonight. We match up well against the D-backs. We will go Righty, Righty, Lefty. The D-Bags hit Leftys well but Righty's not so much.

We have two winnable series coming up against the Pads and G-strings who are both circling the drain about 15 under 500.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:06 pm 

Baseball is a long season. As a fan you have an opportunity to attend or watch a game every day for 6+ months. That's crazy and awesome all at the same time. One win, and one loss doesn't matter but it does matter how many you can bunch together because baseball is a sport consisted of streaks. Make sense? Its also a sport where the teams chasing you can anguish as well. The bucs have been slumping yet the cards picked up a mere two games. The reds have been hot, they've been gaining ground. Neither of those teams have caught the bucs because the pirates opens up a nice division lead over two well built teams because the bucs got hot and the cards and reds slumped. Hot or cold, a team sport.