Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Twice in a row now
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 pm 

The offense hands Burnett a lead and he gives it right back almost immediately!

Post subject: Re: Twice in a row now
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:33 pm 

How dare thy criticize Aj on this board? He's got this great era. He's gotten no run support. Etc.... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 pm 

I'm not worried about him having a bad inning against arguably the best team in the MLB. His velocity is still there so it's likely that it was just a bad day.

Heck, Verlander had consecutive starts this year where he gave up 8 and 5 earned runs. Felix Hernandez had two consecutive games in which he gave up 5 earned. It happens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 pm 

Burnett throws a good 5th inning, Pirates force Cards to pinch-hit for Lynn, go to pen earlier, and Pirates win this @#%ing game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am 

AJ scares me too. I would say it's time for our leader to shine. His next go round is important for him but for the whole team too. Another repeat of the last two will have the whole team rudderless at the wrong time. He and Locke worry me --- they need to perform.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 am 
 WWW  Profile

This mf-er JUST shut down the Cardinals and Rockies and, after the Rockies game, it was "I have no doubt who I want out there in a one game playoff. AJ Burnett". Now he sucks.

This is not the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:47 am 

Clevelandsux wrote:
How dare thy criticize Aj on this board? He's got this great era. He's gotten no run support. Etc.... :roll:

You're right. We should just release him. Fuck that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 am 
 WWW  Profile

Stephen Strasburg is also 6-9 for a reason. That reason being that his team has provided him with very little run support.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:28 am 

The Cardinals absolutely torch right handed pitching. Best in baseball. Only the Tigers come close. At home they are even better.

With that said I think AJ was ok. But just ok. He really needed an " right At Em" ball. Just one anywhere in the 5th inning sequence. I would also say that while it would have been a tough play, I thought McCutchen should have caught that ball. If he does, it changes the inning. McCutchen thought he should have caught it.

I was surprised by the pitching change. Hurdle went to Mazzaro who is also a righty to pitch to Craig and Molina. Craig smoked a ball to Lambo and Molina smoked a ball to Barmes. The righty got lucky. He walked a guy and gave up a hit in the 6th and got lucky again when Carpenter smoked a ball right at Marte.

Lefty Wilson gave up nothing in the 7th...

Lefty Tony Watson gave up one hit over the next 3 innings and other than the ball that dropped in front of McCutchen, The Cardinals didnt hit anything hard for three innings.

Enter Right Hander Byron Morris. 3 hard hit balls in the 11th. A walk and 2 singles in the 12th.

BTW Arizona is the best team in the majors against Leftys. Not so good against the rightys.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 am 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Stephen Strasburg is also 6-9 for a reason. That reason being that his team has provided him with very little run support.

Suggestion: do not attempt sincere discussion about uselessness of pitcher's W/L with Clevelandsux.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 am 
 WWW  Profile

TheShark wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:

Suggestion: do not attempt sincere discussion about uselessness of pitcher's W/L with Clevelandsux.

I don't know why I attempt any discussion with the guy.

On AJ Burnett, while I do think people overrate him and he's not an "ace", he's certainly contributed positively to this team. He's given up more than 3 ER in three starts this year. And I'm willing to bump his ERA up a bit (as I think he was more responsible for the runs against, say, the Nationals than ERA indicates), but even then he's still been a contributor.

Liriano, on the other hand, is an "ace" and I think he easily gets the ball in the case of a one game playoff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:49 am 
 WWW  Profile

Also, twice in a row isn't a trend yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:17 pm 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:

On AJ Burnett, while I do think people overrate him and he's not an "ace", he's certainly contributed positively to this team. He's given up more than 3 ER in three starts this year. And I'm willing to bump his ERA up a bit (as I think he was more responsible for the runs against, say, the Nationals than ERA indicates), but even then he's still been a contributor.

Liriano, on the other hand, is an "ace" and I think he easily gets the ball in the case of a one game playoff.

AJ just needs some wind in his sails. Someone needs to talk some trash to him. He has to pitch with a chip on his shoulder.

Hey? Speaking of Liriano. Can anyone spot the similarity between Liriano and Pedro alverez? I'll give you a hint...Liriano is a good Pitcher..K-dro is not. Liriano is a bad hitter................. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 pm 

frankly i really don't know why the bucs can't find pitchers who don't give up leads, it's plain crazy...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:59 pm 
 WWW  Profile

They have found a pitching staff with I believe the lowest ERA in all of MLB.

Have they blown a lot of leads? Serious question, don't know where to look for the numbers. Seems to me the pitching has preserved a ton of 1 run leads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 pm 

He never should of been in there TO give up 5 with the best bullpen in baseball, well rested, waiting in the wings. Should of been 2 or 3 then gotten the hook.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:52 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
He never should of been in there TO give up 5 with the best bullpen in baseball, well rested, waiting in the wings. Should of been 2 or 3 then gotten the hook.

I disagree. AJ Burnett has to go at least 5 innings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 pm 

No run support? He gave up 2 big leads twice in a row! Had a 4-0 lead. Hurdle should have had him out of there when he started getting into trouble.

One game playoff? I'd go with liriano.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:50 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
No run support? He gave up 2 big leads twice in a row! Had a 4-0 lead. Hurdle should have had him out of there when he started getting into trouble.

One game playoff? I'd go with liriano.

Cleveland, you're right, we get it, he has received run support his last two starts. Its also very shortsighted.

Are you forgetting about all the ball games he pitched where he went 7, 8 strong innings, gave up little and took a loss? What about the games where he had great stuff only to watch the defense boot the ball around?

You're a reactionary fan. A fellow bucco fan of mine but you often live and die by one game and start your rants. 162 game season my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 pm 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
They have found a pitching staff with I believe the lowest ERA in all of MLB.

Have they blown a lot of leads? Serious question, don't know where to look for the numbers. Seems to me the pitching has preserved a ton of 1 run leads.

i was being sarcastic! :D