Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:50 am 

I wonder what nad69dan thinks about all this??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:53 am 

Argentum wrote:

I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Argentum wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:47 am 

Piratefan13 wrote:
Quote:
Bump with an extra special quote on top for the Bullish fans. I don't necessarily agree with Bullish's posts all the time, but I find it strange that he's given such a hard time to the point that you're all calling for his banishment merely for being cynical about a team that has been a pock mark on the city for 16 years and counting.

Did I give him a hard time? Well... a little... I was clear with BH about the things he has done to reward him with such malice from the rest of the posters. Omgarrd, people here are tired of him, they want him to leave. Its noble for you to stick up for him but seriously, I have tried to encourage him to conversate about something other than the ownership. We ALL know his viewpoint, we ALL KNOW he doesn't like Bob Nutting(who subsequently owns more of the Pirates as of this morning). We ALL KNOW that we've had 16 years of losing, jeez man, you guys have to stop looking back and start looking forward. All of this whining about spending money to "win," all of this crying about how we've lost for 16 years is driving me CRAZY. Go watch the Steelers for a few seasons until the Pirates start making their ascent.

Omgarrd,

I too find it strange but thats OK, Lets see,troll, idiot, half a brain, imature, weak minded, insecure ...is what I have been called by various posters in this thread alone...yet same want me banned.

Piratefan13,

if I met Bob Nutting, I'd want to know what I could do to become a private shareholder? I wish I had enough capital just to own half of a percent of ownership. I tip my hat to them as a business. I wish I could have a bad product and do as well as they do.

BBF,

any takers on your idea to collect $50 to let Bertie off the hook?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:02 pm 

Oh BH don't go off and get all sensitive on me. I didn't call you weak-minded, I said the way you act on here gives the impression of you being weak-minded.

I never asked for your banishment so stop bellyaching, not everyone on here hates you, but everyone is probably pissed off at you. So chill, you don't have to keep hitting the hard-line on your info, we won't think you are softening up to Nutting if you post something of interest or say something possibly positive???

Jeez man... you and Ben(Big Ben that is) such dramatics.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:50 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Argentum wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:12 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
. I didn't call you weak-minded,

Piratefan13 wrote:
I would immediately assume that you are a weak-minded insecure individual

Yes you did...Thats OK Piratefan13, I've been called much worse in here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 pm 

nad69dan,

I am not very clear on your position...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
nad69dan,

I am not very clear on your position...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:11 pm 

nad69dan-

I wonder...what would you have us do with BH? :lol:

You know, I used to think I would miss BH if we banned him...you come to like this board in the same way that you love your spouse...imperfections and all. But, since I have put him on ignore, I found that I didn't miss him at all! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm 

You mean like that famous old adage "If a bull takes a sh%t on a message board and nobody reads it, does it still stink?" Is it like that? What do you think nad? (Please....no pictures)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm 

bradf wrote:
You mean like that famous old adage "If a bull takes a sh%t on a message board and nobody reads it, does it still stink?" Is it like that? What do you think nad? (Please....no pictures)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 pm 

Brad-- what a wonderful post. Again I find myself laughing and chocking on my drink. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The vision of BH in a field in his best position is PRICELESS !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 am 

I am grateful to my friends on this board who have put the record straight regarding the so-called wager. It is a shame that the archive has been lost from which posters who weren't around at the time could have drawn their own conclusions about the veracity of BH's claim.
I absolutely forbid any other member of this board from taking on any portion of this notional debt.
(Perhaps we could sort this out in the due process of law - step forward any lawyers such as No9 and Wilton) :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:20 pm 

Bertie wrote:
I am grateful to my friends on this board who have put the record straight regarding the so-called wager. It is a shame that the archive has been lost from which posters who weren't around at the time could have drawn their own conclusions about the veracity of BH's claim.
I absolutely forbid any other member of this board from taking on any portion of this notional debt.
(Perhaps we could sort this out in the due process of law - step forward any lawyers such as No9 and Wilton) :roll:

So-called wager? Lets get the record straight. I made a wager offer in Spring 2007 the Pirates would have a losing season. You accepted for $50. You made a bet and lost. Then you wanted to make it double or nothing. Then you said your wife would question you. Then you asked for my bank information to wire the money. It was provided. You requested to keep this private. You never paid. If it is such a notional amount, why not just do the honorable action and pay it? What do you call someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:34 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
Bertie wrote:

So-called wager? Lets get the record straight. I made a wager offer in Spring 2007 the Pirates would have a losing season. You accepted for $50. You made a bet and lost. Then you wanted to make it double or nothing. Then you said your wife would question you. Then you asked for my bank information to wire the money. It was provided. You requested to keep this private. You never paid. If it is such a notional amount, why not just do the honorable action and pay it? What do you call someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager?

hmmmmm.. interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:14 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
Bertie wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm 

Bull should be payed his money. Either way if he is payed or not he should not be banned.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:57 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Bull should be payed his money. Either way if he is payed or not he should not be banned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:24 am 

He has diffrent opinions and you want to ban him for that. He can say what he feels on this message board as long as it isnt breaking any serious rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next