Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectability
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2206
Location: Naples, FL
Quote:
Dear (me),

Thank you for your interest in our Director of Research and Development position. As you can imagine, we received a large number of applications for the job. After extensively reviewing our field of candidates, yours was not selected for final consideration.

I want to thank you for the time you invested while applying. We truly appreciate your interest in the Chicago Cubs and encourage you to stay in touch should future opportunities within the organization develop.

Again, thank you for applying. We wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

(Cubs asst. GM)
Assistant General Manager


Cubs...I was ready to dedicate myself towards nothing less than bringing an end to the goat curse. I was ready to bring my talents to Waveland and Sheffield. This was your chance to finally get back to the glory of a World Series title AND YOU BLEW IT! You blew it, Cubs!

(I was surprised to actually get a form letter back from them - I forgot I even applied to basically run their baseball analytics department)

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
No doubt in my mind you would have quickly been Epstein's assistant, APE.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2206
Location: Naples, FL
TheShark wrote:
No doubt in my mind you would have quickly been Epstein's assistant, APE.



Haaa - yes, clearly the assistant GM was protecting his own neck here. That's a good theory!

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 4991
Location: Washington, DC
Well, shit, Ape. The Cubs missed a big opportunity. You could have fixed Starlin Castro's swing, I'm sure.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
No doubt you would have been better than George Costanza.

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5660
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Quote:
Dear (me),

Thank you for your interest in our Director of Research and Development position. As you can imagine, we received a large number of applications for the job. After extensively reviewing our field of candidates, yours was not selected for final consideration.

I want to thank you for the time you invested while applying. We truly appreciate your interest in the Chicago Cubs and encourage you to stay in touch should future opportunities within the organization develop.

Again, thank you for applying. We wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

(Cubs asst. GM)
Assistant General Manager


Cubs...I was ready to dedicate myself towards nothing less than bringing an end to the goat curse. I was ready to bring my talents to Waveland and Sheffield. This was your chance to finally get back to the glory of a World Series title AND YOU BLEW IT! You blew it, Cubs!

(I was surprised to actually get a form letter back from them - I forgot I even applied to basically run their baseball analytics department)


Good stuff APE.
I have a form "ding" letter somewhere from MLB after I sent them my resume after Giamatti's death. You'd think that I would have put it in an incredibly safe location but I fear that it was inadvertantly discarded during a move. I had a bunch of old "ding" letters saved for "s_its and giggles" and I think that they were all thrown out.

Planning on submitting another one when Selig officially retires.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2206
Location: Naples, FL
You applied for commissioner and got a rejection letter? Now THAT is awesome.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Decline to Take the Next Step Towards Respectabilit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5562
J_C_Steel wrote:
Well, shit, Ape. The Cubs missed a big opportunity. You could have fixed Starlin Castro's swing, I'm sure.


Or gotten the Cubs to swith to cotton uniforms.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ZelieMike and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits