Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
Anybody watching the MLB.tv feed notice the tablet commercial with the GM asking the scout for the pitcher's ERA split v. lefties? How in the world would you measure that stat?

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
Nice to see Neil Walker heating up.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2172
Neil Walker=doubles machine...just what this offense needs from him!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Findlay, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Anybody watching the MLB.tv feed notice the tablet commercial with the GM asking the scout for the pitcher's ERA split v. lefties? How in the world would you measure that stat?


I thought the exact same thing when I first saw that! You would think that somebody involved in the making of that commercial could have at least given them an actual stat. lol

_________________
Roberto Clemente and I have a combined 3,000 career hits.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
TheTimeIsNow wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Anybody watching the MLB.tv feed notice the tablet commercial with the GM asking the scout for the pitcher's ERA split v. lefties? How in the world would you measure that stat?


I thought the exact same thing when I first saw that! You would think that somebody involved in the making of that commercial could have at least given them an actual stat. lol



Exactly! I was also looking to make sure the pitcher was right handed. At least they got that part right.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Findlay, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
TheTimeIsNow wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Anybody watching the MLB.tv feed notice the tablet commercial with the GM asking the scout for the pitcher's ERA split v. lefties? How in the world would you measure that stat?


I thought the exact same thing when I first saw that! You would think that somebody involved in the making of that commercial could have at least given them an actual stat. lol



Exactly! I was also looking to make sure the pitcher was right handed. At least they got that part right.


I also like how they decide to sign a pitcher after only looking at his ERA and the number of strikeouts.

_________________
Roberto Clemente and I have a combined 3,000 career hits.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
Leadoff walks. Sigh


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2229
Come on pirates! Wtf! Hit into 3 dps tonight. Do u want to win this thing or not? They failed to even show up last night, and looks like tonight as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
Probably don't want to win.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
Chacin?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5632
Clevelandsux wrote:
They failed to even show up last night...


12-0 STL vs. CIN.

Maybe those Cardinals are pretty good?

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
How many strikeouts for the bucs lineup if they had to face Cole?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 am
Posts: 265
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Anybody watching the MLB.tv feed notice the tablet commercial with the GM asking the scout for the pitcher's ERA split v. lefties? How in the world would you measure that stat?

maybe the gang at fangraphs.com can answer that:

http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx?pl ... &type=full

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?p ... &players=0 (note the split)

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/whats-his- ... t-lefties/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm
Posts: 140
This August starting off like the last two


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
Don't say it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Lack of offense AGAIN. Last night the Pirates get trounced and shut out and tonight they've only managed to score one run.

The Pirates need to win some of these games by scoring more than 4 runs. The pitchers can't limit opposing teams to 4 runs or less every game until the end of the season...just saying :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
NSMaster56 wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
They failed to even show up last night...


12-0 STL vs. CIN.

Maybe those Cardinals are pretty good?


St.Louis, can the bucs borrow some of the runs?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2229
Jared 'I think I'm a badass' Hughes is back I see.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2122
bassoondirector wrote:
Lack of offense AGAIN. Last night the Pirates get trounced and shut out and tonight they've only managed to score one run.

The Pirates need to win some of these games by scoring more than 4 runs. The pitchers can't limit opposing teams to 4 runs or less every game until the end of the season...just saying :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:


Chacin has been pretty good tonight. Not! The guy has left multiple pitches over the heart. Gotta use the whole field.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: August 2, 2013 Rockies (51-59) at Pirates (65-43)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 am
Posts: 265
Chris76 wrote:
This August starting off like the last two

last year we started august with a win...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits