Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minors 7/31/13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm 

- Indianapolis won an afternoon game 3-1. It was a relatively uneventful game, so I'll just jump to the interest point: Andrew Lambo hit his 14th HR (28 HRs between AA and AAA on the year). Huntington stated in his post-deadline media conference today that they had faith that Lambo could help him "this summer". Make of that what you will, but given that there was no RF deadline acqusition, it's definitely coming. The thing that isn't often talked about however with people's impatience for player development is that Lambo is striking out at a 30%+ clip, and that's very alarming. He didn't K today.

- Altoona won behind a strong start from Jameson Taillon. Taillon struck out 6 in 5 IP while giving up 4 hits (all singles). Gregory Polanco went 2-3 and had the only multi-hit game for the Curve. Alex Dickerson of course kept hitting by going 1-4. Jarek Cunningham and Adalberto Santos each doubled.

- Bradenton defeated Dunedin 5-2 in another rare low scoring FSL game. Joely Rodriguez has been the best Marauders SP all year, and he delivered another great start while striking out 5 to lower his ERA to 2.18. At the plate, Bradenton hit 7 singles, including from Stetson Allie, Dan Gamache and Benji Gonzalez.

- West Virgina went into the bottom of the 9th down 2 runs and walked off victors. Josh Bell was hit by a pitch, moved to third on a double by Jordan Steranka, and came home on a Eric Wood single. Raul Fortunao added another RBI single, and after a walk Chris Diaz then drove home the game-winning single. Bell hit his 31st double. John Kuchno had a mediocre start.

- Jamestown's offense finally sputtered as they were blanked 6-0 and only managed 4 hits. Adam Frazier and Dave Valasente each went 2-4 to have all of the Jammers hits. On the plus side, the Jammers struck out 13 batters, including 5 Ks in 2 IP from Otamendi.

Post subject: Re: Minors 7/31/13
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 am 
 WWW  Profile

- Bradenton. #23 Matt Benedict FINALLY got a win tonight too!

FIL Pirates Fan Page

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am 

Nice to see Taillon and Polanco perform well on trade deadline day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 pm 

LetsGoMarauders wrote:
- Bradenton. #23 Matt Benedict FINALLY got a win tonight too!

How's Allie been looking?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:23 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:

I'll let LGM answer for seeing him in person, but 2 HRs in 150 ABs is high-A might just essentially mean that the low-A power surge will never resonate to higher levels.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 pm 

TheShark wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

I'll let LGM answer for seeing him in person, but 2 HRs in 150 ABs is high-A might just essentially mean that the low-A power surge will never resonate to higher levels.

I still think he's paying the price, karma-wise, for not giving me his autograph.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:57 pm 
 WWW  Profile

TheShark wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

...BINGO! - Yeah he is not very good. I am not a numbers person so with the 'eyeball test' he strikes out a lot. he takes a lot of strikes too. Not a very fast runner. I do give him props for his defense at 1st however. The guys can do a split like a gymnast to get the throw. I would not be surprised if he was benched and Jose Osuna got his job back.

STRIKE (#31 Allie)

FIL Pirates Fan Page

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.