Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:37 pm 

Here's hoping that you and yours all have a wonderful Christmas.

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:29 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Merry Christmas to all!

#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:47 pm 

....and God bless us every one!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:05 pm 

Merry Christmas everyone...

Hope everyone has a good one...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:06 pm 

Yes, a blessed Christmas to all posters new and old. It would be great if NH could find Pat Burrell under the tree this morning...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:13 pm 

And to our Jewish friends, Happy Thursday!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:59 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I've successfully watched parts of every "A Christmas Story" so far. Either I love Christmas too much or I have some serious, serious issues. Considering I'm both a Pirates fan and Iowa State fan...I think it's the latter.

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:08 pm 

Happy Festivus the Seinfeldians on the board.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:28 pm 

bucco boy wrote:

"The tradition of Festivus begins with the Airing of Grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it................"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:04 pm 

Argentum wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

"The tradition of Festivus begins with the Airing of Grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it................"

When does the wrestling start?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:07 pm 

Watched A Christmas Story in part four times today. It's a terrific way to do Christmas. Haven't seen Christmas Vacation yet this season, but it is my all time favorite Christmas movie.

What a nice day we had. Nothing but family, food, and fellowship. Doesn't get any better does it?

Hope you all had an equally wonderful day of love and family whatever the make-up of your family.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:36 am 
 WWW  Profile

Love to hear that, Substitute2. That pretty much sums up my last two days. My wife and I just went to Marley and Me. Wow, if she thought I was a macho tough-guy before the movie she probably doesn't think so now! This is the most heart wrenching movie I have ever seen.

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:56 am 

Merry Christmas to all,

Cara and I have had a mixed year in 2008. Highlight of the year was young Corin finally being freed on parole. Unfortunately our pleasure at being re-united with our son was short lived. He got himself re-arrested after only two weeks. His trial for armed robbery will be in the new year. Meanwhile Corinna broke up with husband Stephen, who was having an affair with their au-pair. He subsequently lost his job in the city in the financial crash and is currently trying to sell the house in Surrey without any luck. Corinna unfortunately fell in with a bad lot and is now a drug addict, financing her habit by street-walking. So we shan't be seeing her this Christmas.
The house has mostly dried out from the floods and we will soon be able to move back into the downstairs. Unfortunatley all the furniture we ordered and paid for from MFI will not now be forthcoming. However, we have made the caravan really cosy even installing a plasma TV.
Our beloved dog Jason was run over in September so we have replaced him with a canary - more practical in a caravan.
Michael is hopeful of finding a new job soon but there are not many estate agencies employing experienced negotiators. The drying-out he was ordered to take has proved a great success and he is now 'on the wagon'. Meanwhile, Cara is sustaining us financially by shelf-stacking at Tesco's, although it doesn't really cover the mortgage payments. Thank God for credit cards!
Roll on 2009

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:51 pm 

Bertie wrote:
Merry Christmas to all,

Cara and I have had a mixed year in 2008. Highlight of the year was young Corin finally being freed on parole. Unfortunately our pleasure at being re-united with our son was short lived. He got himself re-arrested after only two weeks. His trial for armed robbery will be in the new year. Meanwhile Corinna broke up with husband Stephen, who was having an affair with their au-pair. He subsequently lost his job in the city in the financial crash and is currently trying to sell the house in Surrey without any luck. Corinna unfortunately fell in with a bad lot and is now a drug addict, financing her habit by street-walking. So we shan't be seeing her this Christmas.
The house has mostly dried out from the floods and we will soon be able to move back into the downstairs. Unfortunatley all the furniture we ordered and paid for from MFI will not now be forthcoming. However, we have made the caravan really cosy even installing a plasma TV.
Our beloved dog Jason was run over in September so we have replaced him with a canary - more practical in a caravan.
Michael is hopeful of finding a new job soon but there are not many estate agencies employing experienced negotiators. The drying-out he was ordered to take has proved a great success and he is now 'on the wagon'. Meanwhile, Cara is sustaining us financially by shelf-stacking at Tesco's, although it doesn't really cover the mortgage payments. Thank God for credit cards!
Roll on 2009

Mixed year in 2008? After reading this I wonder what a bad year is. Sorry to hear of all your troubles. Not sure how all of the people you mentioned are related to you but it has to be disheartning. BTW credit cards are not an answer to money problems and may get you deeper in debt. Hope that 2009 turns out better than the black cloud that seemed to shadow your 2008.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:21 pm 

Bertie wrote:
Merry Christmas to all,

Roll on 2009

Other than that, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Seriously, Bertie, here's to a much improved 2009. And go easy on those credit cards....