Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5684
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Observation #1 - How much fun would it to have been sitting around Cleveland in the top of the first inning if he was "calling them as he seems them?"

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:50 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
Cole was definitely getting cussed out repeatedly in that inning, no doubt about it.

Also, Garrett Jones is pretty much defining taking your hitting struggles onto the field with you. He's scuffling a bit in both areas.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:18 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 28
Location: northern california
Inge is terrible.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1405
Location: Eastern Shore
Well, Cole is doing his best to help himself at the plate and to elevate our ptichers' anemic BA.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am
Posts: 537
Location: Oregon
the table is set.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7256
Probably a lot of Pirate blowing from him today...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
Come onnnnnn Pedro!

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
Of course Pedro gets rung up on that. BS. Didn't even nick the strike zone.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Last edited by StarlingArcher on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7256
StarlingArcher wrote:
Of course Pedro gets rung up on that. BS.


Someone is probably telling him he should be in the AAA All Star Game...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
nad69dan wrote:
StarlingArcher wrote:
Of course Pedro gets rung up on that. BS.


Someone is probably telling him he should be in the AAA All Star Game...


Yup. He was the 2nd overall pick after all, he's responsible for the umps blowing a call.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am
Posts: 537
Location: Oregon
Productive out T


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5684
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
StarlingArcher wrote:
Of course Pedro gets rung up on that. BS. Didn't even nick the strike zone.


With the caveat that I have no idea re: the accuracy of the ROOT graphic, it showed the pitch touching the inside of the K zone. My question: why is Pedro taking a close pitch with 2 strikes?

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
No. 9 wrote:
StarlingArcher wrote:
Of course Pedro gets rung up on that. BS. Didn't even nick the strike zone.


With the caveat that I have no idea re: the accuracy of the ROOT graphic, it showed the pitch touching the inside of the K zone. My question: why is Pedro taking a close pitch with 2 strikes?


I can't pull up his at-bat on MLB At-Bat app unfortunately. That one showed it as off.

And honestly, I don't believe in swinging at balls, if it was one, in the name of protection. Umps should be capable of calling a defined, black and white zone correctly.

Then again, I'm a staunch proponent of automating the K zone.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 pm
Posts: 567
Why did Martin need to take Sunday off going into the All Star Break? Id understand if McKenry was playing well but he is 0 for forever right now and is a defensive liability.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
MoTownWV wrote:
Why did Martin need to take Sunday off going into the All Star Break? Id understand if McKenry was playing well but he is 0 for forever right now and is a defensive liability.


I think McKenry gets every Sunday start.

I'm not positive but the trend seems to be Fort on Sundays from what I can recall over the past month or so. Maybe coincidence, though.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
2 of 3.

Nice way to enter the break, don't think you could ask for more out of this first half.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 pm
Posts: 567
StarlingArcher wrote:
MoTownWV wrote:
Why did Martin need to take Sunday off going into the All Star Break? Id understand if McKenry was playing well but he is 0 for forever right now and is a defensive liability.


I think McKenry gets every Sunday start.

I'm not positive but the trend seems to be Fort on Sundays from what I can recall over the past month or so. Maybe coincidence, though.



I get that but why this Sunday? Martin didn't need the rest with the break coming up and we need the bat as evidenced by him hitting a single in his pinch hit while McKenry went 0 for 4 and lowered his average to .182 and unlike Gaby he doesn't walk.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10628
Tough loss against a horrible Mets team. Seriously, David Wright and ... not much else.

Also, crafty righties are now the Pirates' poison. Joe Blanton, Dillon Gee, etc. Those guys are not very good and yet torture the Pirates.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2433
Location: Tejas
MoTownWV wrote:
StarlingArcher wrote:
MoTownWV wrote:
Why did Martin need to take Sunday off going into the All Star Break? Id understand if McKenry was playing well but he is 0 for forever right now and is a defensive liability.


I think McKenry gets every Sunday start.

I'm not positive but the trend seems to be Fort on Sundays from what I can recall over the past month or so. Maybe coincidence, though.



I get that but why this Sunday? Martin didn't need the rest with the break coming up and we need the bat as evidenced by him hitting a single in his pinch hit while McKenry went 0 for 4 and lowered his average to .182 and unlike Gaby he doesn't walk.


Hurdle seems to like to give some backups time on Sundays. Just his thing I guess. He's done it most years I believe.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 7-14-2013 - Mets at Pirates
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 906
StarlingArcher wrote:
Hurdle seems to like to give some backups time on Sundays. Just his thing I guess. He's done it most years I believe.


When the pirates take the first two on weekend series the backups usually play Sunday.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits