Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 7-5-13 Pirates @ Cubs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am 

This was an important win. Losing 2 of 3 to Philly at home caused just a bit of concern. If they had lost this game, it would have been 3 of 4 lost, with pressure to keep it from becoming 4 of 5.

Now all the pressure is off. We just need to win one more in Chicago to keep the good vibes rollling. But heck lets sweep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:08 pm 

They haven't lost consecutive games in over a month. The Braves sweep IIRC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 pm 

Liriano's play

http://mlb.si.com/2013/07/05/watch-francisco-lirianos-no-look-back-to-the-plate-stop/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:55 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
This was an important win. Losing 2 of 3 to Philly at home caused just a bit of concern.

Eh.

The Pirates were one hit (or one run-saving out) away from taking or sweeping the Phillies series.

It was a frustrating 'in-state rivalry' to lose, but it wasn't cause for much concern outside the usual baseball odds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:17 pm 

Animal wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
More menal errors, jones this time.

How can you blame Jones?

Relax Clevelandsux, enjoy the games. Don't stress yourself so much. The sky is NOT FALLING every time something bad happens. Am I going to have to start calling you Chicken Little?

I've been through 20 losing seasons and watched the team collapse the last two years. So forgive me for not being so confident. I don't want to see it happen again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:13 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
Animal wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
More menal errors, jones this time.

How can you blame Jones?

Relax Clevelandsux, enjoy the games. Don't stress yourself so much. The sky is NOT FALLING every time something bad happens. Am I going to have to start calling you Chicken Little?

I've been through 20 losing seasons and watched the team collapse the last two years. So forgive me for not being so confident. I don't want to see it happen again.

Come on man, Animal took last year's collapse as hard as (if not harder than) anyone here. I've been through a lifetime of losing seasons and I'm not that cynical!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm 

It's only a game and entertainment. If it ruins your day.....well......... :? :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:04 pm 

Only a game? Ok true. But you can't tell me if u watch a team, follow them you don't get emotionally involved. I am intense about my teams. I don't go "oh well" we lost. I realize they play 162 games and you can't possibly win them all.

I cheer when they win and vent when they lose. That's who I am.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:45 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
But you can't tell me if u watch a team, follow them you don't get emotionally involved.

Oh but there is where you are mistaken....I do not get emotionally hijacked when they lose...I don't smack the wife or kick the dog...it does not ruin my day...no rise in the blood pressure either....It is entertainment....so yes I can tell you that..... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:50 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
Only a game? Ok true. But you can't tell me if u watch a team, follow them you don't get emotionally involved. I am intense about my teams. I don't go "oh well" we lost. I realize they play 162 games and you can't possibly win them all.

Personally I try to be of the mindset that I won't get worked up over anything out of my control. These things include politics and sports among other things.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:25 am 

never said I beat the wife, smacked the kids or kicked the dog.

In fact this is really the only place I talk pirates. I don't know a lot of pirate fans. Other than my brother. Yes ill get the occasional, how bout those buccos when I walk around with my pirate gear on. Or here in Cleveland, its Pittsburgh sucks by some. Its mostly Indians here.
I know a guy I work with that's an A's fan and we talk a lot about our teams and next weeks showdown. But that's about it.

A lot of people forgot about the Pirates the last 20 years. Of course now that they are winning, you might see more fans. And up until last year I didn't have much place to watch them, other than when they played the cubs, braves or tribe. Now I have mlb.com.

I'm a really mellow person in real life. Not to be mistaken with a Brazilian soccer fan that behead an official.lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 am 

JollyRoger wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:

Personally I try to be of the mindset that I won't get worked up over anything out of my control. These things include politics and sports among other things.

But how many things in life can we control? Really? Only ourselves. Can't control when some jerk cuts me off in traffic. Can't usually control when someone dies. Doesnt mean we don't get upset.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 am 

It's quite funny how every game there is someone else who blows...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 pm 

You guys think you know everything. And if someone's opinion varies, oh they don't know squat. You act like a little clique on here, decide you don't like someone and you single them out.

Sorry but I will never cheer gracefully or sigh mildly. I'll never quit being me. So too bad if u can't deal with it. Somedays I'll come back on here when I've been off of here awhile. Sort of dull when I don't post anything.

Homerism. Team can do no wrong and everything is peachy. Oh well, this will be the last time I explain myself. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:36 pm 

Cleve this has nothing to do with like or dislike. When you make statements about performance, ie. Burnett, and the numbers say otherwise, those statements will possibly be disputed. I have no problem with disparate opinions but do your due diligence and your statements will be backed with the numbers. I hope you stay on the board, your enthusiasm and love of the team is without dispute. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 pm 

A guy was arguing with me about the national anthem because I didn't enjoy it. It has everything to do with dislike.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:25 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
A guy was arguing with me about the national anthem because I didn't enjoy it. It has everything to do with dislike.

I'd say it was more someone expressing a different opinion than arguing. You just don't seem to like when someone has a different opinion than yours.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm 

neither do u. What are u sleeping with Edwin Jacksons mother or something? I don't care what the guy did 5 years ago. He is a 4-11 pitcher, but yet he looks like cy young everytime he pitches against the pirates.

Anytime I say that should be beating Edwin Jackson, you make it a personal vendetta. Sorry I spoke ill will about your son, Mr.Jackson.