Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 pm
Posts: 567
I know he hasn't played well in his rehab but it's time to see what he can offer prior to the trade
Deadline rolling around.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2229
I like tabata. He was playing well when he went down. Rather have him than cringe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
I really think they should give Tabata a chance to run wiht RF for a while and see what happens. I like Snider, but I think Tabata can bring more to the table and Snider would be a very good #4 OF!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Animal wrote:
I really think they should give Tabata a chance to run wiht RF for a while and see what happens. I like Snider, but I think Tabata can bring more to the table and Snider would be a very good #4 OF!


Don't worry, it's pretty likely that that will be the case.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5096
Location: Washington, DC
If Tabata can get back to getting on base and finding gaps, the Pirates will be in much better shape.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:51 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3655
Location: Economy, PA
MoTownWV wrote:
I know he hasn't played well in his rehab but it's time to see what he can offer prior to the trade
Deadline rolling around.


Really? I don't feel that way at all. I've been watching him for years and am well aware of what he can offer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
I'm surprised he found PNC given the route he took on that grounder...

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10718
Rochester wrote:
I'm surprised he found PNC given the route he took on that grounder...

I heard about that ... driving home at time and did not see what happened.

Apparently, ball towards gap and Tabata took off towards the foul line? What?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
Bucfan wrote:
Rochester wrote:
I'm surprised he found PNC given the route he took on that grounder...

I heard about that ... driving home at time and did not see what happened.

Apparently, ball towards gap and Tabata took off towards the foul line? What?


It was truly bizarre. That was exactly it, ball to right center and he sprinted toward the line a few steps. Announcers were kind of stunned and then just mumbled something and moved on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3655
Location: Economy, PA
I think he thought an infielder was going to field the ball and his first several steps were to back up first. It did look weird because no infielder had a chance at it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1361
Quote:
I think he thought


Herein lies the problem with Jose Tabata.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tabata has returned to the Burgh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Ralphie wrote:
I think he thought an infielder was going to field the ball and his first several steps were to back up first. It did look weird because no infielder had a chance at it.

That was my impression too. But most thought he must be on drugs-- it did look crazy.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits