Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: .600
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:56 am 

Man, that's just sweet! I still think we have a hotter stretch ahead of us.

My apologies to both Travis Snider and Clint Barmes, who have proven me wrong with their recent offensive performances. I had recently stated that Snider was just a singles hitter, and that Barmes would never see .220 again. Wrong and wrong.

Post subject: Re: .600
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:09 am 

So funny last night. I'm in Chicago's local market so I'm forced to watch/listen to the Cubs feed. When Snider fouled the first strike off, the color guy made the comment that Snider's swing looked more like a two strike protection swing rather than one in which he could drive the ball...announcer's curse strikes again! :lol:

raise it

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 am 
 WWW  Profile

ParrotLuv wrote:
So funny last night. I'm in Chicago's local market so I'm forced to watch/listen to the Cubs feed. When Snider fouled the first strike off, the color guy made the comment that Snider's swing looked more like a two strike protection swing rather than one in which he could drive the ball...announcer's curse strikes again! :lol:

raise it

I noticed that as well. Two more things that made me chuckle. They poked the city of Pittsburgh because of the bad weather. Huh?!? Chicago weather is some of the most dreadful I've ever been around. Another was once the Pirates took the lead there was so much dead air. You could tell the Snider smash broke their spirit and they new they were screwed. Pure joy!

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:38 am 

At least they dumped Bob Brenly this year. He was AWFUL and had nothing good to say about anyone.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:05 pm 

I'd would always choose the pirates and their 20 years of losing over the cubs not winning a championship in 90 years.

I promise you that the pirates will win another WS before the cubs do.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:31 pm 

VanSlick wrote:
At least they dumped Bob Brenly this year. He was AWFUL and had nothing good to say about anyone.

Yeah, as an out of town fan, for many years I always had the televised games on WGN against the Cubs to look forward to, and I usually ended up muting them because Brenly would be unbearable. It was unbelievable to me that he was a former player/manager yet couldn't take a couple of seconds to prepare for a broadcast by looking at some numbers to see what kind of players were on the field. The other guy, Len Kasper, is fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm 

rellimie wrote:
I'd would always choose the pirates and their 20 years of losing over the cubs not winning a championship in 90 years.

I promise you that the pirates will win another WS before the cubs do.

Choose it as in you would rather go through it? I'm not sure- at least they have had a pennant race or two in the past 20 years.