Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6284
...............to see us win games like we used to lose them...... 8-) 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2123
.......to see this team having fun and they're finding ways to win.

Cards, Reds, you have your hands full.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1585
Agreed. Listening in the car, my wife said "Poor Astros." I responded, "I don't hate the Astros, (I want certain teams to lose 162 games like this every year...cough cough, Brewers....cough cough) but I watched 20 years of us ending up on the wrong end of these kind of games." Maybe the karma is changing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2229
I can't feel sympathy for teams like the Astros because that was the pirates only a few years ago. No I don't hate the Astros, actually liked them growing up.

Teams I despise are the braves, brewers any ny team, and Indians (because I hate all Cleveland teams).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10729
What an odd win. I just did not feel like the Buccos were out of the game, even when down 4-1. Maybe because the Astros suck like an industrial vacuum, but I felt like the Pirates could beat the Astros just by playing average baseball.

Well, they played no better than average and won.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:06 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2229
Bucfan wrote:
What an odd win. I just did not feel like the Buccos were out of the game, even when down 4-1. Maybe because the Astros suck like an industrial vacuum, but I felt like the Pirates could beat the Astros just by playing average baseball.

Well, they played no better than average and won.



a win is a win.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 925
Location: Rochester, New York
Corsair wrote:
Agreed. Listening in the car, my wife said "Poor Astros." I responded, "I don't hate the Astros, (I want certain teams to lose 162 games like this every year...cough cough, Brewers....cough cough) but I watched 20 years of us ending up on the wrong end of these kind of games." Maybe the karma is changing.


I'd replace "karma" with "talent".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:12 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5640
JollyRoger wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Agreed. Listening in the car, my wife said "Poor Astros." I responded, "I don't hate the Astros, (I want certain teams to lose 162 games like this every year...cough cough, Brewers....cough cough) but I watched 20 years of us ending up on the wrong end of these kind of games." Maybe the karma is changing.


I'd replace "karma" with "talent".


*nodding*

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: It's nice...........
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:37 am
Posts: 15
.... to think "we're only down by 3" in the 6th and know we still have a good chance to win the game.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits