Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Taillon
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 2151
Seems to have "cooled down" after his first three outings, but still doing pretty well. Does he have a shot at AAA before the end of the season?

Code:
Date      OPP   W   L   ERA    G   GS  CG  SHO SV   IP   H   R   ER  HR  BB SO  GO/AO    AVG
Apr 06   @ERI   1   0   0.00   1   1   0   0   0   5.0   4   0   0   0   1   4   1.00   .222
Apr 12   HAR    0   1   3.00   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   5   2   2   1   3   10  0.40   .227
Apr 17   RIC    1   0   0.00   1   1   0   0   0   7.0   2   0   0   0   3   6   1.14   .087
Apr 22   @RIC   0   0   7.50   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   7   5   5   0   2   3   3.67   .304
Apr 27   ERI    0   1   4.76   1   1   0   0   0   5.2   5   3   3   0   2   7   0.57   .217
May 02   AKR    0   1   3.00   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   7   3   2   0   1   6   0.63   .269
Totals          2   3   3.03   6   6   0   0   0   35.2 30  13  12   1   12 36   1.00   .222


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6243
Location: Keystone State
RTJR wrote:
Seems to have "cooled down" after his first three outings, but still doing pretty well. Does he have a shot at AAA before the end of the season?

Code:
Date      OPP   W   L   ERA    G   GS  CG  SHO SV   IP   H   R   ER  HR  BB SO  GO/AO    AVG
Apr 06   @ERI   1   0   0.00   1   1   0   0   0   5.0   4   0   0   0   1   4   1.00   .222
Apr 12   HAR    0   1   3.00   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   5   2   2   1   3   10  0.40   .227
Apr 17   RIC    1   0   0.00   1   1   0   0   0   7.0   2   0   0   0   3   6   1.14   .087
Apr 22   @RIC   0   0   7.50   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   7   5   5   0   2   3   3.67   .304
Apr 27   ERI    0   1   4.76   1   1   0   0   0   5.2   5   3   3   0   2   7   0.57   .217
May 02   AKR    0   1   3.00   1   1   0   0   0   6.0   7   3   2   0   1   6   0.63   .269
Totals          2   3   3.03   6   6   0   0   0   35.2 30  13  12   1   12 36   1.00   .222


His ERA is acceptable as is K/BB Rate. Needs to get the WHIP down a little. I added wrong. HIS WHIP is fine. I see Class AAA after All-Star break.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5893
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Taillon to AAA when Cole is promoted to Pittsburgh. Just my guess.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:01 pm
Posts: 88
Sat 3 rows behind the plate today watching Tallion. Behind me were four scouts and the one I talked to told me that he seemed to get better the longer that he pitched. Was also told that he was working on getting his slider and curve ball on the corner of the plate, they also wanted to see him to get batters to chase those pitches more.
In reality, he wouldn't have given up three run in today's game if it weren't for a work in progress in RF. Alex Dickerson is a 1b and has been working out in RF. On the first hit he failed to catch up to a ball that he subsequently over ran that allowed the runner to head into third. He failed to call off the second basemen on a short fly to right which subsequently was dropped.

Here is what took away from the game.

Tallion was consistent at 93 on his fastball----78-83 on slider/curve...missed on many occasions but the ump had a tight zone. Pitched through six and tallied many pitches, but again many of those were throwing pitches that were normally fastball area pitches.

should be ready to go up to AAA by mid-July-


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
johnswahoo wrote:
Sat 3 rows behind the plate today watching Tallion. Behind me were four scouts and the one I talked to told me that he seemed to get better the longer that he pitched. Was also told that he was working on getting his slider and curve ball on the corner of the plate, they also wanted to see him to get batters to chase those pitches more.
In reality, he wouldn't have given up three run in today's game if it weren't for a work in progress in RF. Alex Dickerson is a 1b and has been working out in RF. On the first hit he failed to catch up to a ball that he subsequently over ran that allowed the runner to head into third. He failed to call off the second basemen on a short fly to right which subsequently was dropped.

Here is what took away from the game.

Tallion was consistent at 93 on his fastball----78-83 on slider/curve...missed on many occasions but the ump had a tight zone. Pitched through six and tallied many pitches, but again many of those were throwing pitches that were normally fastball area pitches.

should be ready to go up to AAA by mid-July-


Great Stuff! A good example of why minor league stats don't tell the whole story. I have no doubt that Taillon could get MLB hitters out right now, albeit with a 4.50 era. He should progress to AAA this year, MLB next.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5893
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Mid June 2013 - Garrett Cole
Mid June 2014 - Jameson Taillon

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Taillon
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7288
No. 9 wrote:
Mid June 2013 - Garrett Cole
Mid June 2014 - Jameson Taillon


I'd like to see Taillon get a September call up if he gets to AAA and pitches well there. It would be nice having an extra arm if the team is in a pennant race late.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits