Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All-Star Ballot
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:51 am 
 WWW  Profile

Here is the All-Star ballot. Once again I'm going to vote as many times with as many email accounts as I can and completely fill it with Pirates. When I was younger I actually voted...get this...who should get in. I've grown a tad wiser with age and realize that's not how it works. Yup, I'll even vote for Barmes folks.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2013/ballot.jsp

7:00 PM

Post subject: Re: All-Star Ballot
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am 

It's ridiculous that it has come to this, and even worse that it is starting so early. It wasn't that long ago that you actually had to go to the ballpark to get a ballot, and then submit it to the usher. One visit = one vote. I don't like the fact that anyone can vote 25 times per day, but it is what it is. I'll do my part, too, and start voting for our Buccos... but I'll also have to submit a "legit" vote in early June, just to clear my conscious.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am 
 WWW  Profile

Charleston_Charlies wrote:
It's ridiculous that it has come to this, and even worse that it is starting so early. It wasn't that long ago that you actually had to go to the ballpark to get a ballot, and then submit it to the usher. One visit = one vote. I don't like the fact that anyone can vote 25 times per day, but it is what it is. I'll do my part, too, and start voting for our Buccos... but I'll also have to submit a "legit" vote in early June, just to clear my conscious.

Oh, I completely agree. I just know that there are millions of Yankees fans that will vote in Derek freaking Jeter (who shouldn't even be on the ballot) so I need to do my part to counter this.

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am 

Charleston_Charlies wrote:

I dunno, I used to be able to find dozens of empty ballots and we've punch out chads like crazy.

Oh, and IA, I've passed into the third stage of life where I no longer care who makes the all star team, and I really can't be bothered to vote even once. With interleague play occurring literally every night, the unique distinctive of the MLB all star game has been lost.