Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for 04/24
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 pm 

GREAT WIN! GREAT WIN! GREAT WIN! This Pirate team CAN compete with the big boys. I like that this team is getting good effort and clutch plays from many different guys. Let's do it again tomorrow to take 3 of 4 from the Phils like we did the Braves.

START: Wandy Rodriguez did not have his best stuff. He had a lot of trouble getting his curve over. But he battled. He hung in there. He fought through 5.2 innings, giving up way too many hits (9) and walking two more. But in the end, he only gave up 3 runs, keeping us in the game. I am going to call this an OK start.

WIN: Mazzaro goes 1.1 scoreless innings and gets his first major league win. His ERA 0.00.

HOLD: Malancon goes a scoreless inning to earn another hold, his 8th. His ERA 0.69.

SAVE: Grilli hits a batter but effortlessly gets his 9th save in 9 opportunities!

Honorable Mention. Lots of HMs tonight. Let's start with Travis Snider. He goes 1-4, but his big 8th inning single ties the game for the Bucs. Brandon Inge gets a huge bases-loaded PH single to give the Bucs a 4-3 lead...his second game winner in a row! I seem to be one of the few guys that likes Inge on this team. I really think he can help us off the bench. Jose Tabata gets an HM for coming in as PH to lead off the 8th with the Bucs down by a run. He did a great job to work a walk. He also did a great job getting his hand in later on at second to avoid being picked off by the catcher. He subsequently came around to score the tying run. I like what Tabata has brought to the table off the bench this year.

STAR #3: Some of you may not like this, but I am giving the #3 star to Mazzaro. He came in with 2 outs in the 5th and runners on 1st and second, the Phillies already having taken a 2 run lead...promptly got out of that and pitched another scoreless inning. He threw 11 pitches, 8 for strikes. He has been a very pleasant surprise so far to me.

STAR #2: Giving it to Marte. I love to watch this guy. He and Cutch can really be something special in the OF. He went 2-4, with a triple, 2 Stolen Bases, the go ahead run, and an RBI, both of his hits coming off Phillies' gloves, but each on instrumental in the Pirates win. The first setting up the tie and subsequent lead, and the second giving us an insurance run.

STAR #1: I am giving #1 star to Pedro. He went 2-4, including a HR off a lefty even, driving in the first 2 runs, single-handedly keeping us in the game. He also started a very nifty 5-3-2 DP. He now has 4 HR and 8 RBI. That HR was completely hit with nothing but his wrists. Man, that dude is STRONG!!! Not bad for a guy who sucks!

STAR POINTS
Marte 20
Rodriguez 19
Cutch 15
Burnett 15
JMac 13.5
Walker 13.5
Locke 11
Snider 11
Grilli 9.5
JWilson 9.5
GJones 8.5