Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegas Odds - Doc v. Kdro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am 

Vegas currently lists the over/under on the number of times that Kdro will strikeout tonight versus Doc Holladay as 2.5. I'm taking the over. Hoping I'm wrong but that's my bet.

Post subject: Re: Vegas Odds - Doc v. Kdro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Vegas currently lists the over/under on the number of times that Kdro will strikeout tonight versus Doc Holladay as 2.5. I'm taking the over. Hoping I'm wrong but that's my bet.

I'll go under, he only has one 3K game in the last two weeks and Doc ain't exactly what he used to be. He is sporting a 6 ERA and his two seamer is at 90 instead of 92 like his hey day, and yes I realized I just jinxed the team and we will be shut out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

I'll go under, he only has one 3K game in the last two weeks and Doc ain't exactly what he used to be. He is sporting a 6 ERA and his two seamer is at 90 instead of 92 like his hey day, and yes I realized I just jinxed the team and we will be shut out.

That's what the edit function is for. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Barrys Dopers wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Halladay is struggling and I was going to make that point but, I looked it up and he's currently close to a career high strikeout rate in the middle of the shellings. So Pedro's either hitting one 500 ft or striking out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:02 pm 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Halladay is struggling and I was going to make that point but, I looked it up and he's currently close to a career high strikeout rate in the middle of the shellings. So Pedro's either hitting one 500 ft or striking out.

I wouldn't bet against a 500 ft. home run AND three strike outs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:23 pm 

No. 9 wrote:

Hater.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm 

Roy hasn't struggled in his last two starts, actually he's been real good. He has given up two long balls though. The only two runs he's given up in those past 2 outings. I'll say under, 2 K's, heck through in a homerun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm 

buccosfan77 wrote:
Roy hasn't struggled in his last two starts, actually he's been real good. He has given up two long balls though. The only two runs he's given up in those past 2 outings. I'll say under, 2 K's, heck through in a homerun.

Well one of those starts was against Miami so that hardly counts ;)

His problem this year has been walks (3.6/9), he used to never let anybody on for free, and a crazy high HR rate that will come down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Nice jinx job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Money well spent, no. 9!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:26 am 

What did I win?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 am 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Money well spent, no. 9!

I'll gladly lose that bet anytime. You are right. Money very well spent!