Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time For a Visit With Some Old Friends
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm 

Casey McGee is playing in Japan. Did anybody know that? Surprised me! In 20 games, he has 3 HR, 13 RBI, BA of .377 and OPS of 1.064.

Drew Sutton playing mostly 3b at Pawtucket (AAA)...hitting .250 with 11 RBI in 15 games. Meanwhile at Pawtucket, Brock Holt is hitting just .184 in 11 games between 2b and 3b.

Nate McLouth is hitting .269 at Baltimore as their starting LF. No HR and 1 RBI, but 4 doubles, 4 SB and 11 runs.

Gorkys Hernandez, after failing miserably in Miami is in New Orleans (Marlins AAA)... He is actually hitting .294 with a double, a triple, 2 RBI, 4 RBI, and 2 SB, but has been caught stealing 4 times.

Yamaico Navarro is playing mostly second base at AAA Norfolk (Orioles), where he is hitting .250 with 3 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBIs and 7 runs.

Jeff Clement mostly DHing at Rochester (Twins AAA) and it putrid! Hitting just .128 OPS .339, no XBH, no RBI, just 1 run. Also at Rochester, Eric Fryer appears to be backup catcher...hitting .208 in just 25 at bats.

Erik Bedard has pitched in 4 games for Houston (3 starts)... 0-1 with 6.17 ERA. Just 11 innings in those 3 starts and 1 relief appearance. I think I will take Jonathan Sanchez.

Kevin Correia is the guy I think was unappreciated a little here. I think he was fine as a back of the rotation guy. I would put him in this rotation now. In 3 starts for Minnesota, he is 1-1, 2.95 ERA, in 21.1 innings.

BRad Lincoln is at Buffalo (AAA) where he has pitched 8 innings in 5 appearance...0-1 4.50 ERA. 10 K's 3 BBs. I expected more of Lincoln. I really thought he could develop into a decent starter. Looks like we got the better in that one so far.

Chris Resop moved on to Oakland and is doing okay. 9 appearance. 8 innings 1-0 with 3.38 ERA.

Joel Hanrahan has hit the DL after a brutal star for the Red Sox. 6 games 0-1 with 11.57 ERA. 3 saves, meanwhile Melancon is performing very well for us....Stolmy Pimentel has started 3 games for Altoona...no wins or losses, but has thrown 17.1 innings, 15 K's, and an ERA of 0.52!!!! Ivan DeJesus hitting .261 in Indy in a utility role. Jerry Sands has played 15 games at Indy and is hitting .148. So far, his best hit has been going into the stands and going after a fan that was heckling at teammate!

Juan Cruz, Rick van den Hurk , and Doug Slaten appear to be out of baseball. Anybody know anything about them?

Even Meek has fallen badly. In 6 games, 5 innings for Round Rock (Texas AAA), he has ERA of 5.06, no wins or losses, but has struck out 8, but walked 6.

Hisanori Takahashi has landed with the Cubs, where he has pitched 3 innings in 3 games with 6.00 ERA.

Daniel McCutchen is suspended for using a banned substance.

and Rod Barajas is sitting in his big lounge chair at home, eating, eating, and eating, and trying to throw out the kindergareners who keep ringing his door bell and running.

Visit with some OLDER friends later on!

Post subject: Re: Time For a Visit With Some Old Friends
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:45 pm 

Animal wrote:
Erik Bedard has pitched in 4 games for Houston (3 starts)... 0-1 with 6.17 ERA. Just 11 innings in those 3 starts and 1 relief appearance.

He would fit right in ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm 

[quote="Animal
Erik Bedard has pitched in 4 games for Houston (3 starts)... 0-1 with 6.17 ERA. Just 11 innings in those 3 starts and 1 relief appearance. I think I will take Jonathan Sanchez.n![/quote]

Funny, I actually heard Astros fans laughing at the Bucs for signing Clint Barmes last year, after his unnotable 2011 here.

I got to point out that the Astros picked up a guy we released mid-season last year!

Astro fans in general aren't saying too much these days.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am 

Correia would be fine as the 5th starter here but not for 2 years 11 mil or whatever it was. As the temperatures rise so will his ERA. He will probably be over 5.00 by season's end.