Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:05 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Posts: 637

The San Jose Mercury News passes along a rumor that CC Sabathia has declined the Yankees' six-year, $140 million offer.
Apparently, the rumor is spreading fast, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has also picked up on it. An executive close to the CC Sabathia talks told the Andrew Baggerly of the Mercury News that the Brewers are emerging as the frontrunners for Sabathia.
Source: San Jose Mercury News


This tidbit isnt Pirate specific, but I would guess most Bucco fans really hate the Yanks for obvious reasons and to see them make a preemptive offer that CC couldnt turn down, only to have him turn it down, well, this makes my week. Hopefully the paper got it right.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:26 pm 
Kingston wrote:

The San Jose Mercury News passes along a rumor that CC Sabathia has declined the Yankees' six-year, $140 million offer.
Apparently, the rumor is spreading fast, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has also picked up on it. An executive close to the CC Sabathia talks told the Andrew Baggerly of the Mercury News that the Brewers are emerging as the frontrunners for Sabathia.
Source: San Jose Mercury News


This tidbit isnt Pirate specific, but I would guess most Bucco fans really hate the Yanks for obvious reasons and to see them make a preemptive offer that CC couldnt turn down, only to have him turn it down, well, this makes my week. Hopefully the paper got it right.


I know I dislike the Yanks. I also like CC. I'm fine if he ends up somewhere else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Posts: 637
Now Gammons is saying the rumor isnt true. Hes probably right, too good to be true.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
Kingston wrote:
Now Gammons is saying the rumor isnt true. Hes probably right, too good to be true.

Peter Gammons, god bless 'em, is never right about these sorts of things.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Posts: 637
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Kingston wrote:
Now Gammons is saying the rumor isnt true. Hes probably right, too good to be true.

Peter Gammons, god bless 'em, is never right about these sorts of things.


Im pinning my hopes on that, too, tho Rosenthal is backing him up now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
Kingston wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Kingston wrote:
Now Gammons is saying the rumor isnt true. Hes probably right, too good to be true.

Peter Gammons, god bless 'em, is never right about these sorts of things.


Im pinning my hopes on that, too, tho Rosenthal is backing him up now.

Stopped clocks, blind pigs.

The New York Post is reporting that CC is a Yank, though no one else has picked it up yet.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102008/sports/yankees/yanks_close_in_on_sabathia_deal_143481.htm

Edit: Buster Olney's now reporting that the Yanks have upped their initial offer (6/140) to 7 years/$160M.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Last edited by LtCol Kojak Slaphead on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
The New York Post is reporting that CC is a Yank, though no one else has picked it up yet.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102008/sports/yankees/yanks_close_in_on_sabathia_deal_143481.htm


Madonna already has him on speed dial.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sabathia Says No To Yanks?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 pm 
Argentum wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
The New York Post is reporting that CC is a Yank, though no one else has picked it up yet.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102008/sports/yankees/yanks_close_in_on_sabathia_deal_143481.htm


Madonna already has him on speed dial.


Mike and Mike had a pretty humorous bit about CC and the Yanks involving Madonna this morning. If any of you missed it but are podcast subscribers, it's worth a listen.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bucco boy, Chris76, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Ralphie, sisyphus and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits