Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MLB Network
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm 

I am in Columbus, OH and even if the Pirates are on MLB Network it is blacked out here for whatever strange reason. Anyway last night during MLB Tonight they basically showed the entire Bucs-Cards game instead of their wrap around coverage which was great and I also noticed they were showing I believe 3 of the 4 Bucco-Braves games this weekend. Any reason for this, not complaining of course just wondering?

Post subject: Re: MLB Network
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 pm 

They've been showing the Pirate games when the Penguins are on Root Sports. I don't know the hows and whys, but I sure ain't complaining!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 pm 

pitt1073 wrote:
I am in Columbus, OH I believe 3 of the 4 Bucco-Braves games this weekend. Any reason for this, not complaining of course just wondering?

I'm in Cincinnati and so I assume you have the same feed as I do, and we are getting Cards-Phillies tonight and got Mets-Nats last night despite the description for both of them being those games "or Pirates vs. Braves". Pretty annoying. And under MLB Network, the "MLB Network Alternative" channel has had the Pirates-Braves games listed both tonight and last night and it says both are blacked out for me. Also pretty annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am 

In Columbus they showed the Bucs-Braves on Friday and Saturday nights on MLB network even with the Pens having their games moved around. They are supposed to be on again tonight in Philly. It is nice since they are considered a local team in Columbus and the MLB netowrk and extra innings always blacks them out. Does root sports air the guins playoff games as well of course I am sure they will be on NBC sports as much as possible. Not sure what happened in Cincy.