Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6228
................that the hottest hitter in the system right now is Stetson Allie. 2 more dingers last night..... 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2076
Az Bucco fan wrote:
................that the hottest hitter in the system right now is Stetson Allie. 2 more dingers last night..... 8-) 8-)


Hope he continues to develop. Could be quite a story.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 am
Posts: 221
Maybe he'll be like Rick Ankiel but good. I'm not holding out any hope for him, but hey, it could be a great story. I still remember when we drafted him and they raved about the his hitting power.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 2:04 pm
Posts: 141
Leway512 wrote:
Maybe he'll be like Rick Ankiel but good. I'm not holding out any hope for him, but hey, it could be a great story. I still remember when we drafted him and they raved about the his hitting power.


Maybe they learned from the Van Benschotten fiasco.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10611
Allie leads the SAL in HR's, RBI's, and total bases and is 2nd in slugging so far this season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7254
Bucfan wrote:
Allie leads the SAL in HR's, RBI's, and total bases and is 2nd in slugging so far this season.


The Babe Ruth of the South Atlantic League!

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5560
Leway512 wrote:
Maybe he'll be like Rick Ankiel but good.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
J.D. wrote:
Leway512 wrote:
Maybe he'll be like Rick Ankiel but good. I'm not holding out any hope for him, but hey, it could be a great story. I still remember when we drafted him and they raved about the his hitting power.


Maybe they learned from the Van Benschotten fiasco.


It would be hard for "them" to learn since none of those FO employees are still employed. JVB was not a bad decision as a SP, he was ranked as MLB's #24 overall prospect as a pitcher before his shoulder blew up. What's more valuable - a front end SP or a 1B?

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 4986
Location: Washington, DC
Bucfan wrote:
Allie leads the SAL in HR's, RBI's, and total bases and is 2nd in slugging so far this season.


If he makes it to the Pirates it'll be one of the more interesting stories in baseball. I'm rooting for the kid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2489
Question- where is he in comparison to where he would have been if he had been drafted as a hitter? I'm trying to decide how excited to get about this...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2206
Location: Naples, FL
doug frobel wrote:
Question- where is he in comparison to where he would have been if he had been drafted as a hitter? I'm trying to decide how excited to get about this...



I'd imagine he'd be in AA at the least, so he's what, two levels behind?

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
Question- where is he in comparison to where he would have been if he had been drafted as a hitter? I'm trying to decide how excited to get about this...



I'd imagine he'd be in AA at the least, so he's what, two levels behind?


He is 22, but he was 19 out of high school. He would have started at West Virginia in 2011, Bradenton 2012, and Altoona 2013 if everything had went perfectly. He would at least be in Bradenton now.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2489
I guess he kind of has his own development schedule, so it's hard to tell if this is legit. Time will tell...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5211
Location: Pittsburgh
doug frobel wrote:
Question- where is he in comparison to where he would have been if he had been drafted as a hitter? I'm trying to decide how excited to get about this...

I seem to remember that he would have gone in round 5 or so as a hitter. I don't think that there is a team in baseball who wouldn't have tried him on the mound first. He hit 100 mph in a high school game.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10611
I guess if he makes the major leagues as a position player, we know who would become the guy for the "we're all out of pitchers in the 17th inning so we need anybody who can throw" situation.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm
Posts: 26
Location: York, PA
Bucfan wrote:
I guess if he makes the major leagues as a position player, we know who would become the guy for the "we're all out of pitchers in the 17th inning so we need anybody who can throw" situation.


At least he wouldn't have to develop a knuckler. :P


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who would have thought................
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1500
I could have easily seen him pitch here in my city but, again, with no allowance I can't even see high school games.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits