Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So what's left?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
rellimie wrote:
Marlins get: Starling Marte, Jamison Tailion, Alan Hanson, Jose Tabata, Kyle McPherson

Pirates get: Giancarlo Stanton, Ricky Nolasco, Logan Morrison

Not interested.

While that was a very good breakdown of your case, I still think it's crazy to outright say 'not interested'. Especially on the heels of a par-for-the course Hanrahan trade.

As unlikely as that trade is, getting both Nolasco and Morrison back in return for those six young 'uns is more than enough to offset any potential short falls in Stanton's WAR.

Of course, if you're trying to say, 'not interested... because the Pirates can do better and swindle the Phish just like the Jays did!', then I agree completely! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
Back to reality, it wouldn't bother me a bit if Neil added another starting pitching option. And maybe another bullpen candidate or two. And I think he may need to trade one of these right-handed hitting first base options.

Otherwise I think we are set. I would keep Jones, and I wouldn't worry about shortstop for right now.

Other than the O's and maybe the M's, what other teams need a corner OF or 1B option like Jones?

It would be nice to land a Paxton for GJ, but BD is probably more accurate that the Bucs would be more likely to land one of the O's failed projects (Tillman, Britton, Arietta, etc.).

But that's basing projections only on two options... who else might be in the mix? Texas?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 am 

NSMaster56 wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
rellimie wrote:
Marlins get: Starling Marte, Jamison Tailion, Alan Hanson, Jose Tabata, Kyle McPherson

Pirates get: Giancarlo Stanton, Ricky Nolasco, Logan Morrison

Not interested.

While that was a very good breakdown of your case, I still think it's crazy to outright say 'not interested'. Especially on the heels of a par-for-the course Hanrahan trade.

As unlikely as that trade is, getting both Nolasco and Morrison back in return for those six young 'uns is more than enough to offset any potential short falls in Stanton's WAR.

Of course, if you're trying to say, 'not interested... because the Pirates can do better and swindle the Phish just like the Jays did!', then I agree completely! :lol:

Yeah, I'd be interested in Stanton, but not at the price tag suggested. At this point Morrison is a bust and I have zero interest in Nolasco and his $11.5 million salary.

Reality is that they will keep Stanton this year since he is cheap in order to fake an attempt at winning. They will then trade him next winter when he gets $10 million plus in arbitration.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
At this point Morrison is a bust

Yeah, he is the Marlins Jose Tabata.

Of course, even despite his 'underwhelming production compared to potential', he's shown more use/value than Tabata.

He's also paid less.

As such, in a vacuum trade, I'd swap them in a heartbeat.

That aside, I agree with you that Stanton isn't going anywhere this year.