Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Haren signs with Washington for 1 year at $13 million. Basically the same price tag as his option. Mike Rizzo continues to impress as a GM.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3078
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Haren signs with Washington for 1 year at $13 million. Basically the same price tag as his option. Mike Rizzo continues to impress as a GM.


Best team in the league?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
The more I read that Moore wants to trade Wil Myers, the more i get concerned that we are missing a huge opportunity. Could Moore be sold on JMac's 2/3 of a dominant season (plus prospects of course)? They want MLB SP now and cost control is a factor.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
Nationals brought back Zach Duke for 2013...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lhp-zach-d ... --mlb.html

They seem ready to let Sean Burnett walk...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nat ... right-now/

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Barrys Dopers wrote:
The more I read that Moore wants to trade Wil Myers, the more i get concerned that we are missing a huge opportunity. Could Moore be sold on JMac's 2/3 of a dominant season (plus prospects of course)? They want MLB SP now and cost control is a factor.


Provided that JMac alone isn't enough to get it done, what else would we give up? Marte? More? I have to imagine the price tag is high.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
BBF wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
The more I read that Moore wants to trade Wil Myers, the more i get concerned that we are missing a huge opportunity. Could Moore be sold on JMac's 2/3 of a dominant season (plus prospects of course)? They want MLB SP now and cost control is a factor.


Provided that JMac alone isn't enough to get it done, what else would we give up? Marte? More? I have to imagine the price tag is high.


Yeah it would almost certainly be SP based and it would be risky given our lack of depth. JMac, Locke, and Kingham? Probably not enough, but I've stopped trying to understand what Moore is doing. He is already paying Ervin Santana and Jeremy Guthrie a ton and he traded Melky for Jonathan Sanchez last winter.

It would have to be a dumb move by Moore, rather than a fair price tag.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 News
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2108
Location: Naples, FL
I've wondered the same, as Myers' name has been dangled almost as long as Justin Upton's. I have to imagine the Pirates inquired at the least.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits