All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Front Office Changes
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm 

From DK's blog:
http://blog.triblive.com/dejan-kovacevi ... -will-end/

As you were.

Post subject: Re: No Front Office Changes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 am 

Apparently no changes at the Trib either, as DK gets to continue his personal diatribe against the Pirates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 am 

Bob did say the military style is over and he has instructed them to focus on baseball. He also said that he isn't done evaluating, but the timing is bad at this moment to make a move. I'm not sure what to make of it, did he just make NH a lame duck GM? Nothing he said sounds like a clear vote of confidence. Bob says are better now than the recent past in many areas, but he points out many deficiencies. It does sound like he understands where we are as an organization pretty well.

Here is a link with far more quotes - http://www.piratesprospects.com/2012/11 ... eason.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I think Mr. Nutting needs a Ted Black kind of guy hanging around. The baseball version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Bob did say the military style is over and he has instructed them to focus on baseball. He also said that he isn't done evaluating, but the timing is bad at this moment to make a move. I'm not sure what to make of it, did he just make NH a lame duck GM? Nothing he said sounds like a clear vote of confidence. Bob says are better now than the recent past in many areas, but he points out many deficiencies. It does sound like he understands where we are as an organization pretty well.

Here is a link with far more quotes - http://www.piratesprospects.com/2012/11 ... eason.html

I think it was BBF in another thread who said he thinks Nutting wants to win, but doesn't know how to go about it. I think that is a good way of putting it.

This is a perfect example of that. This couldn't have been handled much worse. He roundly criticizes their methods. Previously has stated the progress and development is unacceptable. The collapses are unacceptable. Then says the timing isn't right to make a change. Huh??? Let me get this right...yes, some progress in certain areas has been made. However, most everything else is considered unacceptable or is being stopped. You are essentially keeping people that have a certain view of how things should be done, but telling them not to do it anymore. He thinks this will be productive? He thinks this is a bad time to change? Like you said Dopers, he essentially makes them lame ducks. He got the lame part right...this guy is clueless. What a joke!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:42 pm 

so...the pirates WERE 16 games over .500 and finished 4 games UNDER .500. He likes the progress so he will not make changes..

I guess if my running water was clear yesterday yet dirty and smelly today that I dont need to get it fixed because at one point it was clear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 pm 

Charleston_Charlies wrote:
Apparently no changes at the Trib either, as DK gets to continue his personal diatribe against the Pirates.

Sadly, I agree. I used to really like DK's work, and I still read his stuff, but he has become very bitter in his writing. Sounding more and more like a junior Smizik. He assures everyone that the Pirates won't collapse, and then when they do, you get his "personal diatribe". Then he says there's no way the NHL lockout will go beyond the first week in October, and then when it does, they're all idiots. I don't need him to blow sunshine up my butt every morning, but I don't need to be a part of his vendetta whenever one of his predictions doesn't work out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:01 am 

batterup wrote:
so...the pirates WERE 16 games over .500 and finished 4 games UNDER .500. He likes the progress so he will not make changes..

I guess if my running water was clear yesterday yet dirty and smelly today that I dont need to get it fixed because at one point it was clear

Consider the water from 1993 through 2011 and now tell me that the water is not more clear today than it was in most (if not all) of those years. NH isn't Littlefield or Bonifay nor is he Billy Beane. I was more interested in seeing FC and Stark gone than NH.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

If you hadn't had clear water in 20 years and then omg you had clear water for 3 months before it got dirty again you may give the plumber one more chance to fix your line. I understand giving them one more year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm 

Nutting hires a watch dog -

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... or-661219/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 pm 

Charleston_Charlies wrote:

Wait. You have to have a "personal" vendetta against the Pirates to criticize their drafting, player development and record? Really? I guess you can add Rob Biertempfel, Michael Sanserino, Bill Brink, Keith Law, and every sports columnist in Pittsburgh to the list of individuals who personally hate the Pirates.

Why can't those guys see how awesome the Pirates' organization is?