Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Odd, no mention about the additional 26 million....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:32 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
First off, I assume articles posted on the Pirates own site are approved by the Pirates therefore the information is coming from them or the nod is given by them to post the article.

Second, this latest article posted just the other day states that they won't go after any name free agents because they only have 5 million to spend. That information was not stated before and this is the first article coming from the Pirates saying that information. So them saying they only have 5 million to spend was not 'known'.....its new information.

So they are using 'only having 5 million to spend' as a pre-emptive excuse as to why they won't do anything in the free agency period. That is the whole point of the original post....

I was unclear on your intent as apparently you were saying the Pirates.com article did not mention the money. The money doesn't come until 2014, so how would that effect 2013 budgeting? I'll repeat again that pirates.com is not a source of good Pirates news. The beat writers on mlb.com have little team access and are not considered to be very reputable. They are almost always late to the party or flat out wrong in their analysis.

Who is Tom Singer anyway? He has no information from the Bucs here, simply stating his opinion.

Post subject: Re: Odd, no mention about the additional 26 million....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
First off, I assume articles posted on the Pirates own site are approved by the Pirates therefore the information is coming from them or the nod is given by them to post the article.

Second, this latest article posted just the other day states that they won't go after any name free agents because they only have 5 million to spend. That information was not stated before and this is the first article coming from the Pirates saying that information. So them saying they only have 5 million to spend was not 'known'.....its new information.

So they are using 'only having 5 million to spend' as a pre-emptive excuse as to why they won't do anything in the free agency period. That is the whole point of the original post....

I was unclear on your intent as apparently you were saying the Pirates.com article did not mention the money. The money doesn't come until 2014, so how would that effect 2013 budgeting? I'll repeat again that pirates.com is not a source of good Pirates news. The beat writers on mlb.com have little team access and are not considered to be very reputable. They are almost always late to the party or flat out wrong in their analysis.

Who is Tom Singer anyway? He has no information from the Bucs here, simply stating his opinion.

I state in my original post 'front some money'.....it is a guaranteed 26 million in 2014. I think it would be fairly ridiculous to think that whoever the writer is would create a giant lie regarding money and the Pirates plans and the Pirates would not contact MLB to remove the article if that was the case.

I'm done. I really don't understand the grief I am receiving on this.