Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clint's 2013 lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 pm 

According to Clint, on the Pirates site, there are only two positions open for competition next year. Catcher and SS you mutter? Nope, the two corner OF spots. Barmes is the SS, not open for competition, and 'McKenry is back' so he is our catcher.

The longer he has been here and the more I hear come out of his mouth, the more I feel Hurdle and some above him on the management team need to go.

Post subject: Re: Clint's 2013 lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
According to Clint, on the Pirates site, there are only two positions open for competition next year. Catcher and SS you mutter? Nope, the two corner OF spots. Barmes is the SS, not open for competition, and 'McKenry is back' so he is our catcher.

The longer he has been here and the more I hear come out of his mouth, the more I feel Hurdle and some above him on the management team need to go.

What do you want Clint to say? He isn't the GM, he has the roster he currently has right now. There is nothing to this. Let's see what NH can do this winter. He needs another AJ type trade and the long elusive FA hit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:

What do you want Clint to say? He isn't the GM, he has the roster he currently has right now. There is nothing to this. Let's see what NH can do this winter. He needs another AJ type trade and the long elusive FA hit.

How about 'no comment' or 'we will see in 2013' or 'we will have to sit down and evaluate this season and the players we will have at our disposal'. You know, something intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
You know, something intelligent.

"Did somebody call for 'telligence??"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm 

Seems like a large request, I know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:

How about 'no comment' or 'we will see in 2013' or 'we will have to sit down and evaluate this season and the players we will have at our disposal'. You know, something intelligent.

It would make alot more sense for the manager to say something more along the lines of "there is always open competition for every position", but nah you know he isn't gonna let his boy Clint Barmes ride the bench...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am 

In my opinion we very much need a catcher, and I would bring in an outfielder who can at least compete with Marte and Snider for playing time, but otherwise yeah our lineup is pretty much set.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
I would bring in an outfielder who can at least compete with Marte and Snider for playing time, but otherwise yeah our lineup is pretty much set.

Jose' Tabata must step it up and be that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm 

Sorry but I don't see it. He would have a hard time making a major league roster if it wasn't for his contract.

He is a well below average player whose skills have already declined.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 am 

Ralphie, I didn't say Tabata would. I'm saying that he must.