Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
Some interesting stuff here regarding the trade with ATL, how it affected him, and his return to Pittsburgh.

Since being waived by the Pirates, he's put up a .806 OPS as the O's starting left fielder and looks a lot more like Nate circa 2008. I'll always root for the guy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nate-mclouth-0930-20120929,0,6205147,full.story

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 pm
Posts: 567
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Some interesting stuff here regarding the trade with ATL, how it affected him, and his return to Pittsburgh.

Since being waived by the Pirates, he's put up a .806 OPS as the O's starting left fielder and looks a lot more like Nate circa 2008. I'll always root for the guy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nate-mclouth-0930-20120929,0,6205147,full.story



Another in a long line of hitters to find their swing immediately after being released/traded by the Pirates.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
MoTownWV wrote:
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Some interesting stuff here regarding the trade with ATL, how it affected him, and his return to Pittsburgh.

Since being waived by the Pirates, he's put up a .806 OPS as the O's starting left fielder and looks a lot more like Nate circa 2008. I'll always root for the guy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nate-mclouth-0930-20120929,0,6205147,full.story



Another in a long line of hitters to find their swing immediately after being released/traded by the Pirates.


Yeah, but he also previously lost his swing immediately after being traded by the Pirates, he's a net zero in that argument.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1128
nate mcclouth
rajai davis
jose bautista
brandon moss
jose bautista
pedro ciriaco
ryan ludwig
aramis ramirez

these are just some of the hitters that are currently playing that suddenly got better after they left, there are probably many that I forgot...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
batterup wrote:
nate mcclouth
rajai davis
jose bautista
brandon moss
jose bautista
pedro ciriaco
ryan ludwig
aramis ramirez

these are just some of the hitters that are currently playing that suddenly got better after they left, there are probably many that I forgot...


You can add Adam LaRoche to that list too batterup.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5632
batterup wrote:
nate mcclouth
rajai davis
jose bautista
brandon moss
jose bautista
pedro ciriaco
ryan ludwig
aramis ramirez

these are just some of the hitters that are currently playing that suddenly got better after they left, there are probably many that I forgot...


A-Ram is the only one of those cats who doesn't deserve to be on that list for many reasons.

The rest... :evil:

One could also have a pitching list with Vogelsong, Maholm and others (I think Gorzo is doing okay), too.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 920
Location: Rochester, New York
batterup wrote:
nate mcclouth
rajai davis
jose bautista
brandon moss
jose bautista
pedro ciriaco
ryan ludwig
aramis ramirez

these are just some of the hitters that are currently playing that suddenly got better after they left, there are probably many that I forgot...


I'd take Bautista and Ramirez back. The rest can stay gone. It's not like most of these guys are lighting the world on fire either. They're average MLers.

  • It took Bautista two years to begin hitting well after he left. Don't forget about the three other teams that gave up on him too... Toronto let him swing for the fences everytime he was up which bodes well for guys with raw power.
  • Moss spent a year and a half in the minors before he found his stroke.
  • Rajai Davis took two years after he left the Pirates to have a WAR above 1.
  • Ludwick spent a year and a half playing subpar baseball before he found success with a team that didn't expect him to be a major contributer at a hitter friendly park.
  • Ciriaco is a dime a dozen bench player who hit .231 in Indy last year.
  • Like BD said, McClouth is a wash.
  • Ramirez hit well in Pittsburgh. He was traded at the beginning of his "baseball prime" so to speak.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1128
I dont know JR....pedro ciriaco may be the opening day shortstop for the boston red sox next year, he leaves here and becomes a nice player for a big time team, add laroche to the list like bassoondirector said and we have a pretty nice team of guys who have much better years after they leave here. I understand that that guys like bautista had alot of teams give up on him, but he played alot with us and we saw the talent but could not do anything with it, which seems to be the problem in the first place.

to be fair, i was going to put freddy sanchez at second, but he is the one guy who had more success here than he did anywhere else.

c-doumit
1b-laroche
2b-keppinger
ss-ciriaco
3b-ramirez
of-bautista
of-moss
of-mcclouth/davis/ludwig


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
batterup wrote:
I dont know JR....pedro ciriaco may be the opening day shortstop for the boston red sox next year, he leaves here and becomes a nice player for a big time team, add laroche to the list like bassoondirector said and we have a pretty nice team of guys who have much better years after they leave here. I understand that that guys like bautista had alot of teams give up on him, but he played alot with us and we saw the talent but could not do anything with it, which seems to be the problem in the first place.

to be fair, i was going to put freddy sanchez at second, but he is the one guy who had more success here than he did anywhere else.

c-doumit
1b-laroche
2b-keppinger
ss-ciriaco
3b-ramirez
of-bautista
of-moss
of-mcclouth/davis/ludwig


That lineup would not be good, the defense would be horrible.

Ciriaco will not be the starting SS in Boston, he had a fluke hot streak, I'm sure Cherington realizes that. He has a .500 ops in September playing everyday.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1128
i bet that lineup would never commit 7 errors in a game..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Bmore Sun article on Nate McLouth
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
batterup wrote:
i bet that lineup would never commit 7 errors in a game..


There's a chance Doumit could that himself...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bucco boy, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits