Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no no hit thread....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm 

I was at a high school football game on friday and got back in the 8th inning to see we were being no hit. Frankly, I am shocked we have not been no hit in the last 40 years, 20 especially. We came within one james mcdonald hit from being no hit by matt cain and one josh harrison hit from being no hit by verlander...

The no hitter was the extra topping on a miserable September, and August. We finally get good pitching and not only can we not scratch a run across the board, we cant even manage a hit.

This is the most disappointed I have ever been out of any of my Pittsburgh teams, I was angry when the Steelers lost the super bowl in 2010, I was annoyed when the Penguins kept giving up short handed goals to the Flyers in the playoffs, but this is different kind of pain, how we can look so good 2/3 through the year and then look so awful now, and they knew what they were playing for, not just a spot in the postseason but maybe more imporatantly to end the longest season losing streak in north american profession sports history, it is so sad and hard to take, we never thought it would happen again but it did.

And just to make sure we remember that this was the most aggrevating year in Pirates history, they got no hit.

Post subject: Re: no no hit thread....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm 

batterup wrote:
I was at a high school football game on friday and got back in the 8th inning to see we were being no hit. Frankly, I am shocked we have not been no hit in the last 40 years, 20 especially. We came within one james mcdonald hit from being no hit by matt cain and one josh harrison hit from being no hit by verlander...

The no hitter was the extra topping on a miserable September, and August. We finally get good pitching and not only can we not scratch a run across the board, we cant even manage a hit.

This is the most disappointed I have ever been out of any of my Pittsburgh teams, I was angry when the Steelers lost the super bowl in 2010, I was annoyed when the Penguins kept giving up short handed goals to the Flyers in the playoffs, but this is different kind of pain, how we can look so good 2/3 through the year and then look so awful now, and they knew what they were playing for, not just a spot in the postseason but maybe more imporatantly to end the longest season losing streak in north american profession sports history, it is so sad and hard to take, we never thought it would happen again but it did.

And just to make sure we remember that this was the most aggrevating year in Pirates history, they got no hit.

Getting no hit just means that your hitters had a bad night at the same time the opposing starter had a very good one. It doesn't mean that your team stinks. The last time we were no-hit we went on to win the Series with one of the best teams I've ever seen at hitting for average.