Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm 

Ryann wrote:
The majority of the fanbase is getting tired of the organization itself. Why would be just magically forget all the shitty decisions made by the last gm? When NH gets canned should we just forgive all his poor decisions also? Sorry but the management as a whole needs to be held responsible including Nutting. I also don't think it is fair to judge NH's success on the success of Cole and Taillon. Any average joe could have picked those guys with the top 2 picks in the draft...

I certainly agree that building through the draft is a great idea (I believe this is the big part of NH's plan). But the free agent signings they have blown money on are such a joke. They are flushing millions of dollars down the toilet with the bums they sign in the offseason. It has happened every year since NH has been around. He would have been better off saving his millions and signing latin american kids like Miguel Sano.

See, this is what we want from you Ryann, sound discussion, not just the fire everyone, everything sucks mantra. I won't argue that NH has made many mistakes, I do think he has improved. Overall, I think I would prefer a change to bring in someone to take us to the finish line. I would drive a dump truck full of money to Andrew Freidman's door (he was rumored to be movable if he was given full control). GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I have no idea if Freidman would be better, but every contract is a risk. And it's less likely we'd be giving our GM guaranteed money. To get the best, you have to pay for it, and GM is more important than number of bargain basement additions or minor league call ups.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm 

val wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I have no idea if Freidman would be better, but every contract is a risk. And it's less likely we'd be giving our GM guaranteed money. To get the best, you have to pay for it, and GM is more important than number of bargain basement additions or minor league call ups.

The Cubs figured that out this past winter, and I would bet they will benefit with their size able budget and better decision making.