Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2091
its just that theyve been rebuilding since '93. Remember the big plans mcclatchy had? This was a classic collapse. Its just time that fans want to start seeing results.Tired of prospects and promises. A team doesn't just fall apart like this without rhyme or reason.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6068
Location: Keystone State
Clevelandsux wrote:
its just that theyve been rebuilding since '93. Remember the big plans mcclatchy had? This was a classic collapse. Its just time that fans want to start seeing results.Tired of prospects and promises. A team doesn't just fall apart like this without rhyme or reason.


There is a reason. They aren't good enough yet. Frustrating, but not really a mystery.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
bucco boy wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
its just that theyve been rebuilding since '93. Remember the big plans mcclatchy had? This was a classic collapse. Its just time that fans want to start seeing results.Tired of prospects and promises. A team doesn't just fall apart like this without rhyme or reason.


There is a reason. They aren't good enough yet. Frustrating, but not really a mystery.

They haven't been "good enough yet" for the last 20 years...

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6068
Location: Keystone State
Ryann wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
its just that theyve been rebuilding since '93. Remember the big plans mcclatchy had? This was a classic collapse. Its just time that fans want to start seeing results.Tired of prospects and promises. A team doesn't just fall apart like this without rhyme or reason.


There is a reason. They aren't good enough yet. Frustrating, but not really a mystery.

They haven't been "good enough yet" for the last 20 years...


Thanks Captain Obvious. What's your point? What does the last 20 years have to do with this year? It's a different owner. Different manager. Different players. The only thing that is constant is how you aren't around when they were winning and show up when they are losing.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
Oi.

That is all.

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Naples, FL
bucco boy wrote:
Thanks Captain Obvious. What's your point? What does the last 20 years have to do with this year? It's a different owner. Different manager. Different players. The only thing that is constant is how you aren't around when they were winning and show up when they are losing.



They needed to get more from Jon Van Benschoten this year. That much was plainly obvious.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
This has alot to do with the last 20 years because in the last 20 years the constant message from the organization has been "we are rebuilding". When does the rebuilding stop? When do they actually start showing results?

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Ryann wrote:
This has alot to do with the last 20 years because in the last 20 years the constant message from the organization has been "we are rebuilding". When does the rebuilding stop? When do they actually start showing results?


Come on Ryann, comparing anything thet was done prior to 2008 with what is happening now is assanine. They may have been rebuilding, prior, but they had the wrong plan. NH has the right plan, its really irrefutable. We can argue if he is capable of executing it, but come back in off the ledge. I'm no apologist, but I can see what is good and what is bad.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Ryann wrote:
This has alot to do with the last 20 years because in the last 20 years the constant message from the organization has been "we are rebuilding". When does the rebuilding stop? When do they actually start showing results?

When they actually start showing results. When rebuilding projects fail, the solution is not to buy a team via free agency. Sadly, the solution is to breakdown the old rebuilding project and start a new one. It's not fun for the fan base, but if you want a winning franchise, you have to create a foundation that can support a winning team year in and year out. I would say that the status of our current rebuild is in much better shape than ones of the past, but that's not to say that it's finished. Cole and Taillon still need to arrive.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
The majority of the fanbase is getting tired of the organization itself. Why would be just magically forget all the shitty decisions made by the last gm? When NH gets canned should we just forgive all his poor decisions also? Sorry but the management as a whole needs to be held responsible including Nutting. I also don't think it is fair to judge NH's success on the success of Cole and Taillon. Any average joe could have picked those guys with the top 2 picks in the draft...

I certainly agree that building through the draft is a great idea (I believe this is the big part of NH's plan). But the free agent signings they have blown money on are such a joke. They are flushing millions of dollars down the toilet with the bums they sign in the offseason. It has happened every year since NH has been around. He would have been better off saving his millions and signing latin american kids like Miguel Sano.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Ryann wrote:
The majority of the fanbase is getting tired of the organization itself. Why would be just magically forget all the shitty decisions made by the last gm? When NH gets canned should we just forgive all his poor decisions also? Sorry but the management as a whole needs to be held responsible including Nutting. I also don't think it is fair to judge NH's success on the success of Cole and Taillon. Any average joe could have picked those guys with the top 2 picks in the draft...

I certainly agree that building through the draft is a great idea (I believe this is the big part of NH's plan). But the free agent signings they have blown money on are such a joke. They are flushing millions of dollars down the toilet with the bums they sign in the offseason. It has happened every year since NH has been around. He would have been better off saving his millions and signing latin american kids like Miguel Sano.


See, this is what we want from you Ryann, sound discussion, not just the fire everyone, everything sucks mantra. I won't argue that NH has made many mistakes, I do think he has improved. Overall, I think I would prefer a change to bring in someone to take us to the finish line. I would drive a dump truck full of money to Andrew Freidman's door (he was rumored to be movable if he was given full control). GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Eastern Shore
Barrys Dopers wrote:
GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I have no idea if Freidman would be better, but every contract is a risk. And it's less likely we'd be giving our GM guaranteed money. To get the best, you have to pay for it, and GM is more important than number of bargain basement additions or minor league call ups.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 9/20/12 Brewers (76-72) at Pirates (74-74)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
val wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
GM's make relatively little compared to players, perhaps spending big in that area would be the best choice for 2013.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I have no idea if Freidman would be better, but every contract is a risk. And it's less likely we'd be giving our GM guaranteed money. To get the best, you have to pay for it, and GM is more important than number of bargain basement additions or minor league call ups.


The Cubs figured that out this past winter, and I would bet they will benefit with their size able budget and better decision making.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits