Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brandon Phillips Cries Racism
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 pm 

Judge Landis wrote:
Back to the original topic: Even though Phillips and Hughes have kissed and made up, apparently people (if you consider Reds fans evolved enough to be people) are still harassing Hughes about it, to the point where he had to issue another statement to the press today. This bogus racism accusation is probably going to dog Jared Hughes his whole career now, and all because Brandon Phillips shot his mouth off on Twitter. Way to go, Phillips; first your gumflapping ended Jason LaRue's career (with an assist by that other class act, Johnny Cueto), and now it's torpedoed another guy's reputation. All this, and he's such a p---y that he refused to play in the last 2 games of the August series. What did we expect, I guess; he plays for the organization that gave us Pete Rose and Marge Schott, so that says all you need to know about what class they have.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:26 pm 

I think it's a stretch to say that this torpedoes Hughes' reputation or will dog him his whole career. He did nothing wrong. If you are following the situation you are probably aware of that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
I think it's a stretch to say that this torpedoes Hughes' reputation or will dog him his whole career. He did nothing wrong. If you are following the situation you are probably aware of that.

There will always be people who think he did do something wrong, regardless of reason or logic or evidence. That's how it works with a hot button issue like racism (the same goes with sexual impropriety). That's what I meant by the incident dogging him. And that's what earns Phillips extra a-hole points for mouthing off before he talked to Hughes and got the whole story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 pm 

Judge Landis wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

There will always be people who think he did do something wrong, regardless of reason or logic or evidence. That's how it works with a hot button issue like racism (the same goes with sexual impropriety). That's what I meant by the incident dogging him. And that's what earns Phillips extra a-hole points for mouthing off before he talked to Hughes and got the whole story.

I don't think it applies here because there is video evidence that shows nothing that looks remotely like the word "boy". It sure looks like he says this - "Hey man, hey throw that ball to the f***ing dugout motherf****er."

Look for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIbWNqRPdeY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm 

I'm aware that there's no evidence that any rational person would use to indict him. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of irrational people out there who will believe what they want to believe, evidence and rationality be damned. That's how it is with race issues. Look at the Tawana Brawley case; 25 years later, a lot of people still believe her, and those men she accused are still getting death threats.

That, plus the more troll-like fans of opposing teams will choose to believe it because it gives them ammunition to be abusive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 pm 

For what it's worth, dropped Phillips from my fantasy team tonight. Anyone want the sob can go fo it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 pm 

philips is a bitch. cant stand him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:58 am 
 WWW  Profile

To Judge's point, American's very rarely let truth get in the way of a good story. Especially if it's a convenient on contentious truth.