Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Goats and Stars for 09/08
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:02 pm 

We needed this one. Would have been a nice win and would have made us just a HALF game out of the playoffs. But you know what, even with the loss, we are still just 1.5 games out. One good week...all we need is one good week to get back in there. Have faith.

STARTER: JMac went 5.2 innings, 7 hits, 2 BB, 3 earned runs. Left with the game 3-2. Calling this an ok start.

LOSER: Grilli takes the loss to drop to 1-5, 2.60 ERA.

GOAT: A bit of a tough choice in a one run game. Presley went 0-4, with 2 K's stranding 3 runners. Barmes went 0-3 with 1 K, also stranding three runners. But I think I have to give it to Grilli. he did not do his job at all. The walk was the killer, putting the winning run in scoring position.

Honorable Mention: Hughes came in with runners on 3rd and 1st, with one out, one-run game in the 7th. He struck out Pirate-killer Soriano and got Castro to ground out. Bucs were still able to come back. Resop worked a perfect 9th, giving us a chance to tie it in the bottom of the 9th with just a swing of the bat...but no luck!

STAR #3: Watson came in at a very crucial spot in the game. Bucs down by 1. Runners at second and third. Two outs. He managed to get out of it without allowing another run, giving the Bucs a chance for the comeback, which the later did! He got into a little trouble the next inning, but Hughes helped him out.

STAR #2: I get to give Jeff Clement a star! He came through with a pinch hit single, with two outs, tying the game at 3. I know this was his first pinch hit. But I still like what he brings to the table. I really believe in my heart that he should have been here long ago when we were running out some really bad PHs, Gorkys, Mercer, and so on. He is going to win us a game this year with a PH HR. Mark my words!

STAR #1: Each decision here. Pedro got half of our hits with his 2-4 day and drove in 2 of our 3 runs. His double was also our only extra base hit of the game. HIs single came at a clutch spot. Hard to believe that with all the struggles, he is knocking on the door of .250. What is even weirder is that as he has pulled that BA up, I don't think he has been as productive.

STANDINGS
Cutch 112
Alvarez 90
Burnett 82
GJones 80.5
Walker 69
McDonald 63.5
McKenry 51.5
Correia 48.5
Barmes 41.5
Tabata 38
Harrison 36.5
Presley 35
Barajas 34.5
Karstens 31
Lincoln 28
Hughes 27.75
Hanrahan 27.5
McGehee 27
Bedard 25.5
Grilli 22.75
Watson 22.25
Cruz 17.50
Marte 17
Sanchez 16.5
Snider 15.5
Resop 14
WRod 11.5
Hague 10
Mercer 7.5
Sutton 7
Morton 4.5
Qualls 4.0
Meek 3.5
Slaten 3.5
McPherson 3.5
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Holt 2.5
Clement 2.0
Hernandez 1.5
Wilson 1.0
Leroux 1.0
Takahashi 0.5
DCutch -(2.0)
Locke -(2.0)

Post subject: Re: Animal's Goats and Stars for 09/08
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:01 pm 

Jason Grilli ‎@ are you the guy who who played the band wagon fan in Major League? Sounds like it. Not going to say anymore. Just going to do work as it has been done from day 1!

This is grilli responding to something i wrote on fb about how poorly the bucs were playing. I told him ive been a fan my whole life and just wanted a winner.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
Jason Grilli ‎@ are you the guy who who played the band wagon fan in Major League? Sounds like it. Not going to say anymore. Just going to do work as it has been done from day 1!

This is grilli responding to something i wrote on fb about how poorly the bucs were playing. I told him ive been a fan my whole life and just wanted a winner.

...and you don't think the PLAYERS want to win??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 pm 

It takes a real brain surgeon to brag about trolling baseball players on their Facebook page, I tell you what.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:33 pm 

I think the players do. But I think the organization should have geared up for a run better.

Why do you think the drop off occured? They were playing so well. Now we're lucky to get a win a week?

My point is a journeyman pitcher critisizing a fan for making note of the teams poor play? Ive been through it for the last 19 years.

Teams like the Orioles, Braves even the Brewers are playing there best ball right now down the stretch, while the bucs are barely keeping there heads above water.