Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: after a game like this one
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm 

I know hurdle likes to keep things simple, keep things in the positive light but this is where he has to rip them, they're not kids. They're playing like a little league team. There is losing and than there is embarrassing. Lighrt a fire hurdle

Post subject: Re: after a game like this one
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:07 am 

I hate following up my own posts. Steve Blass ripped up the scorecard postgame, turn the page. How's that been working out lately?

I don't doubt these young bucs are trying their asses off, but, the game is mental. Get it together. Fumbling ground balls all over the place isn't for a lack of trying, isn't a lack of being physically or athletically gifted, it's about getting your body in the right position to make the play before the ball gets there. That's mental. 90%. That'll get this team over the top next year. We're going to be smarter. Ohlendorf smart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:03 pm 

Here is the thing about games like this to me. I like to laugh them off. If you are going to kick the ball around, do it all in the same game. If the pitchers are gonna suck, let them ALL suck for that one game. If you ain't gonna hit, don't hit THAT day. So, yesterday, hopefully, we got them ALL out of our system. Bad D, bad pitching. No hitting.

And you know what..the Cards lost and the Dodgers lost, so we are in the same place we would have been had we lost 4-3 or 20-0...or had we won and the Cards and Dodgers lost.

I like looking at BIG PICTURES, not little ones!

Go Bucs!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 pm 

I like to think we could've gained ground because teams like the cards and dodgers are struggling. Fans who think, okay we lost to the cubs, the cubs who are God awful, but didn't lose ground are looking at it all wrong. A glass half empty. A glass half full. Which is it?

This team played over their heads to put themselves in this position. Take advantage.
When does walker come back?