Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am 

My confidence in the team is so far down that I have a hard time seeing them winning 2 more games yet alone 12.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am 

CashInFist wrote:
I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...

I am with YOU CashInFist...

I will be celebrating when we win #82. Anything else is gravy! Regardless of what has happened of late, we are playing meaningful baseball in September.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am 

buccosfan77 wrote:
It seems like the past two trade deadlines have ruined team cohesiveness. I for one liked the moves made this trade season. Two younger ball players with loads of potential locked up for a few years, Sanchez a former all-star. A seasoned veteran pitcher. The moves weren't bad last year. Last years team needed the long ball. Bell, hurt most of the time, and ludwick didn't provide it consistently enough. The last two clubs are unproven and for some reason have widdled away at the end. This years club was 16 games up on the even mark. Hard to believe they've lost this much confidence. I miss the excitement of June / July.

I, for one, was very worried about making moves just to make moves because of clubhouse chemistry.

First off, I think one of the things that hurt us the most is that Wandy Rodriguez has not pitched to his capabilities. I wonder if maybe we gave up a little too much for him, particularly a nearly major league ready Rudy Owens. I hope Wandy starts putting it together down the stretch, but I really think he helps us next year.

Second, I like the acquisitions of Snider and Sanchez. While I miss Lincoln (but he has not done well since the trade), Snider has played very well here. I think both of these guys help us in the future.

The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am 

Animal wrote:
The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

How did it do that? He's barely been around...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am 

val wrote:
Animal wrote:

How did it do that? He's barely been around...

I am not trying to say that Qualls is a bad guy or a bad teammate. From what I hear, the guys seem to like him. (although I don't think he is a very good pitcher)

The point about my post is that McGehee was a very popular teammate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm 

rwjcgc wrote:
... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.

We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm 

JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:

We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.

Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm 

Animal wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:

Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.

-----

I can't quote any numbers, but I have to think that Snider and Sanchez have not done much with RISP since arriving. I guess it goes to back
to the theory of clutch hitting and the argument if such a thing really exists.

Wandy has been the bigger disappointment to me. Maybe he just is very stoic, but from my perspective it seems that he couldn't care
less if the team wins or loses when he pitches. Appears to be satisfied in getting the paycheck, results be damned ...