Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm 

Sometime next month and reflect on our "Broke the .500 jinx with 84 or 85 wins" and look at this

2-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! against the fucking Padres and the mother fucking Brewers in the month of August

I will not feel good at all!

Apologies for anyone offended by the language but that's just how I feel right now!

Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm 

We lose this series against Houston and I may not watch another game cause there would be zero excuse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 pm 

I literally turned it off. I ordered mlb.net to follow the bucs. The barmes play was clearly a case of them playing with no heart. They've quit. This where you find out what kind of manager hurdle is. If he's any kind of manager he needs to get on these guys asses.

They make another journeyman pitcher look like cy young.

The jolly roger needs some viagara.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm 

What happened with Barmes? I couldn't watch!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 pm 

DocJeanO wrote:
What happened with Barmes? I couldn't watch!!!!

5th inning, runner at 1st, 1 out. Slow ground ball hit to him. He charges, picks it up, then has a moment of indecision about whether to go to 2nd or 1st. He double-clutched, then went to 1st, but the throw was too late. The next guy up hit the 3-run home run. So Barmes' play, while not a good one, was the difference between us losing 4-1 and us losing 5-1. It didn't show a lack of heart or hustle, it was just a brain fart.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm 

I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm 

CashInFist wrote:
I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...

I wouldn't even bet on that happening now!

Nine guaranteed losses to the Reds, the Braves and probably the Mets, and if they can't handle the Quad A garbage the Astros are throwing at them right now, then they will be hard pressed to win 11 from here on out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm 

I foolishly fell for the two really good games they played against the Cardinals and thought they were coming out of it. Nah! They are done. All facets of the game are bad...and have been bad since the All Star break.

Defense has all but gone in the tank. Mental errors, physical errors...you name it.

Pitching IS in the tank. Burnett has been a horse, but seems to be wearing down of late. JMac is a huge disappointment. Karstens is hurt. Wandy has been a disappointment. Locke may be ok, yet to be seen. Bullpen is trying to hang in there, but they've logged a lot of innings.

Hitting is abysmal. Thank God for Garrett Jones. He is having a phenomenal season(for what he is and for what we all expected). Too many streaky guys. Pedro is red hot for two weeks, then cold for two(or more). Cutch was absolutely on fire, now looks exactly like he did at the end of last year. Snider even appears to be a bit streaky. I thought Barajas and Barmes were mistakes to begin with, and unfortunately they are proving me correct on that point. The bench is laughable. In August they have scored 2 or fewer runs 9 times and 3 runs 4 times...a lot like April, without the great pitching to keep them floating. I'm hoping the returns of Walker and Marte can give them a jolt...they could use one.

At this point it will be an absolute fight to get to 81 wins. I hate to say it, but I'm not even sure we will finish ahead of the Brewers...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm 

It seems like the past two trade deadlines have ruined team cohesiveness. I for one liked the moves made this trade season. Two younger ball players with loads of potential locked up for a few years, Sanchez a former all-star. A seasoned veteran pitcher. The moves weren't bad last year. Last years team needed the long ball. Bell, hurt most of the time, and ludwick didn't provide it consistently enough. The last two clubs are unproven and for some reason have widdled away at the end. This years club was 16 games up on the even mark. Hard to believe they've lost this much confidence. I miss the excitement of June / July.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 pm 

... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am 

My confidence in the team is so far down that I have a hard time seeing them winning 2 more games yet alone 12.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am 

CashInFist wrote:

I am with YOU CashInFist...

I will be celebrating when we win #82. Anything else is gravy! Regardless of what has happened of late, we are playing meaningful baseball in September.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am 

buccosfan77 wrote:
It seems like the past two trade deadlines have ruined team cohesiveness. I for one liked the moves made this trade season. Two younger ball players with loads of potential locked up for a few years, Sanchez a former all-star. A seasoned veteran pitcher. The moves weren't bad last year. Last years team needed the long ball. Bell, hurt most of the time, and ludwick didn't provide it consistently enough. The last two clubs are unproven and for some reason have widdled away at the end. This years club was 16 games up on the even mark. Hard to believe they've lost this much confidence. I miss the excitement of June / July.

I, for one, was very worried about making moves just to make moves because of clubhouse chemistry.

First off, I think one of the things that hurt us the most is that Wandy Rodriguez has not pitched to his capabilities. I wonder if maybe we gave up a little too much for him, particularly a nearly major league ready Rudy Owens. I hope Wandy starts putting it together down the stretch, but I really think he helps us next year.

Second, I like the acquisitions of Snider and Sanchez. While I miss Lincoln (but he has not done well since the trade), Snider has played very well here. I think both of these guys help us in the future.

The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am 

Animal wrote:
The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

How did it do that? He's barely been around...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am 

val wrote:
Animal wrote:

How did it do that? He's barely been around...

I am not trying to say that Qualls is a bad guy or a bad teammate. From what I hear, the guys seem to like him. (although I don't think he is a very good pitcher)

The point about my post is that McGehee was a very popular teammate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm 

rwjcgc wrote:

We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm 

JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:

We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.

Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm 

Animal wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:

Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.

-----

I can't quote any numbers, but I have to think that Snider and Sanchez have not done much with RISP since arriving. I guess it goes to back
to the theory of clutch hitting and the argument if such a thing really exists.

Wandy has been the bigger disappointment to me. Maybe he just is very stoic, but from my perspective it seems that he couldn't care
less if the team wins or loses when he pitches. Appears to be satisfied in getting the paycheck, results be damned ...