Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1509
Sometime next month and reflect on our "Broke the .500 jinx with 84 or 85 wins" and look at this

2-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! against the fucking Padres and the mother fucking Brewers in the month of August

I will not feel good at all!

Apologies for anyone offended by the language but that's just how I feel right now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 1079
We lose this series against Houston and I may not watch another game cause there would be zero excuse.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2211
I literally turned it off. I ordered mlb.net to follow the bucs. The barmes play was clearly a case of them playing with no heart. They've quit. This where you find out what kind of manager hurdle is. If he's any kind of manager he needs to get on these guys asses.

They make another journeyman pitcher look like cy young.

The jolly roger needs some viagara.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 519
What happened with Barmes? I couldn't watch!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
DocJeanO wrote:
What happened with Barmes? I couldn't watch!!!!

5th inning, runner at 1st, 1 out. Slow ground ball hit to him. He charges, picks it up, then has a moment of indecision about whether to go to 2nd or 1st. He double-clutched, then went to 1st, but the throw was too late. The next guy up hit the 3-run home run. So Barmes' play, while not a good one, was the difference between us losing 4-1 and us losing 5-1. It didn't show a lack of heart or hustle, it was just a brain fart.

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1509
CashInFist wrote:
I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...


I wouldn't even bet on that happening now!

Nine guaranteed losses to the Reds, the Braves and probably the Mets, and if they can't handle the Quad A garbage the Astros are throwing at them right now, then they will be hard pressed to win 11 from here on out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2142
I foolishly fell for the two really good games they played against the Cardinals and thought they were coming out of it. Nah! They are done. All facets of the game are bad...and have been bad since the All Star break.

Defense has all but gone in the tank. Mental errors, physical errors...you name it.

Pitching IS in the tank. Burnett has been a horse, but seems to be wearing down of late. JMac is a huge disappointment. Karstens is hurt. Wandy has been a disappointment. Locke may be ok, yet to be seen. Bullpen is trying to hang in there, but they've logged a lot of innings.

Hitting is abysmal. Thank God for Garrett Jones. He is having a phenomenal season(for what he is and for what we all expected). Too many streaky guys. Pedro is red hot for two weeks, then cold for two(or more). Cutch was absolutely on fire, now looks exactly like he did at the end of last year. Snider even appears to be a bit streaky. I thought Barajas and Barmes were mistakes to begin with, and unfortunately they are proving me correct on that point. The bench is laughable. In August they have scored 2 or fewer runs 9 times and 3 runs 4 times...a lot like April, without the great pitching to keep them floating. I'm hoping the returns of Walker and Marte can give them a jolt...they could use one.

At this point it will be an absolute fight to get to 81 wins. I hate to say it, but I'm not even sure we will finish ahead of the Brewers...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2034
It seems like the past two trade deadlines have ruined team cohesiveness. I for one liked the moves made this trade season. Two younger ball players with loads of potential locked up for a few years, Sanchez a former all-star. A seasoned veteran pitcher. The moves weren't bad last year. Last years team needed the long ball. Bell, hurt most of the time, and ludwick didn't provide it consistently enough. The last two clubs are unproven and for some reason have widdled away at the end. This years club was 16 games up on the even mark. Hard to believe they've lost this much confidence. I miss the excitement of June / July.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:22 pm
Posts: 64
... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3563
Location: Economy, PA
My confidence in the team is so far down that I have a hard time seeing them winning 2 more games yet alone 12.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
CashInFist wrote:
I'll watch until the end. I watched most games even during the late season slide last year. I want to witness our losing season breakthrough. I deserve that...



I am with YOU CashInFist...

I will be celebrating when we win #82. Anything else is gravy! Regardless of what has happened of late, we are playing meaningful baseball in September.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
buccosfan77 wrote:
It seems like the past two trade deadlines have ruined team cohesiveness. I for one liked the moves made this trade season. Two younger ball players with loads of potential locked up for a few years, Sanchez a former all-star. A seasoned veteran pitcher. The moves weren't bad last year. Last years team needed the long ball. Bell, hurt most of the time, and ludwick didn't provide it consistently enough. The last two clubs are unproven and for some reason have widdled away at the end. This years club was 16 games up on the even mark. Hard to believe they've lost this much confidence. I miss the excitement of June / July.


I, for one, was very worried about making moves just to make moves because of clubhouse chemistry.

First off, I think one of the things that hurt us the most is that Wandy Rodriguez has not pitched to his capabilities. I wonder if maybe we gave up a little too much for him, particularly a nearly major league ready Rudy Owens. I hope Wandy starts putting it together down the stretch, but I really think he helps us next year.

Second, I like the acquisitions of Snider and Sanchez. While I miss Lincoln (but he has not done well since the trade), Snider has played very well here. I think both of these guys help us in the future.

The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Eastern Shore
Animal wrote:
The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

How did it do that? He's barely been around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
val wrote:
Animal wrote:
The one move I hated, and I think it hurt the team's chemistry, is the Casey McGehee trade. Even with the pickup of Sanchez, I still think that Casey could have helped us backing up at 3b and pinch hitting. And we picked up Qualls?? That move definately weakened the taem and hurt the chemistry.

How did it do that? He's barely been around...



I am not trying to say that Qualls is a bad guy or a bad teammate. From what I hear, the guys seem to like him. (although I don't think he is a very good pitcher)

The point about my post is that McGehee was a very popular teammate.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 885
Location: Rochester, New York
rwjcgc wrote:
... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.


We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:
... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.


We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.


Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: When we look back on this....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:22 pm
Posts: 64
Animal wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
rwjcgc wrote:
... we will know why the players picked up this year were available.


We already know it's because the Blue Jays never really gave Snider a chance and because the Marlins sold off their entire team.


Yeah, you certainly cannot place any blame for the recent failures of this team on Snider or Sanchez.

Snider has done very well. and Sanchez has been so-so in very limited playing time.


-----

I can't quote any numbers, but I have to think that Snider and Sanchez have not done much with RISP since arriving. I guess it goes to back
to the theory of clutch hitting and the argument if such a thing really exists.

Wandy has been the bigger disappointment to me. Maybe he just is very stoic, but from my perspective it seems that he couldn't care
less if the team wins or loses when he pitches. Appears to be satisfied in getting the paycheck, results be damned ...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits