Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 4978
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
So far, so good.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
St. Louis pitching has really taken a downturn. Too bad we don't have any more games left with them.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4558
Location: Pittsburgh
Willton wrote:
St. Louis pitching has really taken a downturn. Too bad we don't have any more games left with them.

Can't say much about their hitting either. Their scoreless streak is at 28 innings when I typed this.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 4978
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Furcal just left the game with an injured elbow.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
sisyphus wrote:
Willton wrote:
St. Louis pitching has really taken a downturn. Too bad we don't have any more games left with them.

Can't say much about their hitting either. Their scoreless streak is at 28 innings when I typed this.

That's a small sample size thing; their offense has been excellent all year. But outside of Wainwright and Lohse, their rotation has stunk on ice ever since the AS game.

We might just win this thing.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
Wonder if Mark McGwire is going to talk smack about Edwin Jackson after the game, just like he talked smack about J-Mac and Wandy last night. What a putz.

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
Judge Landis wrote:
Wonder if Mark McGwire is going to talk smack about Edwin Jackson after the game, just like he talked smack about J-Mac and Wandy last night. What a putz.


Captain Steroids should just be happy to somehow still have a job in baseball. Whatever happened to tipping your cap to the other guy when you get beat?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
RoxyChar wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:
Wonder if Mark McGwire is going to talk smack about Edwin Jackson after the game, just like he talked smack about J-Mac and Wandy last night. What a putz.


Captain Steroids should just be happy to somehow still have a job in baseball. Whatever happened to tipping your cap to the other guy when you get beat?

That was in the past, and he's not here to talk about the past.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
Things I'd like to say to Mark McGwire if I met him (and were a lot braver than I am in real life):

(1) "I hear that once your sac shrinks from steroid use, it never grows back again, even after you stop roiding up. So does that mean that the Cardinals have to issue you an extra-small jockstrap?"

(2) "When SI pitched the idea of you and Sosa posing for the 1998 Sportsmen of the Year cover photo in those togas, did you think even for a second that you might really, really regret doing that someday?"

(3) "You do realize that the only reason that you're employed in baseball right now and Barry Bonds isn't is because you're white, right?"

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1133
Location: Eastern Shore
Judge Landis wrote:
(3) "You do realize that the only reason that you're employed in baseball right now and Barry Bonds isn't is because you're white, right?"

That's not true. Barry is not employed because he's an asshole and most players and coaches he was around were afraid of him or intimidated by him. Mark is not an asshole and has a much better rep with higher ups than Barry. Actually, Mark's been hounded much worse than the asking of this question, so you'd probably get away from the encounter with just a smile from him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
Willton wrote:
RoxyChar wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:
Wonder if Mark McGwire is going to talk smack about Edwin Jackson after the game, just like he talked smack about J-Mac and Wandy last night. What a putz.


Captain Steroids should just be happy to somehow still have a job in baseball. Whatever happened to tipping your cap to the other guy when you get beat?

That was in the past, and he's not here to talk about the past.




:lol: :lol:

Love it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
val wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:
(3) "You do realize that the only reason that you're employed in baseball right now and Barry Bonds isn't is because you're white, right?"

That's not true. Barry is not employed because he's an asshole and most players and coaches he was around were afraid of him or intimidated by him. Mark is not an asshole and has a much better rep with higher ups than Barry. Actually, Mark's been hounded much worse than the asking of this question, so you'd probably get away from the encounter with just a smile from him.

OK, fair enough. I'd rephrase to not include Bonds in the comparison, but then it wouldn't be so much of an implication of McGwire as it would the racism inherent in society in general, which would miss the whole point of the exercise, which was to antagonize McGwire because he is, in fact, an asshole (just not in the same way or to the same degree that Bonds is). Point withdrawn.

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nats ... yes. Astros? Wow.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 791
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
:D nevermind


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits