Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cole to Indy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 pm 

rellimie wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
DocJeanO wrote:
Very exciting time to be a Bucco fan, me thinks. Some terrific young players already on the Bucs, and some excellent prospects in the pipeline. I'm sure Gerrit Cole won't be in Pittsburgh until June of '13 but it's definitely something to look forward to. Go Bucs!

I think you mean June of 2014, gotta have a full year at AAA you know. By the NH plan a SP should be 25 before earning a MLB spot, that makes Cole's eta Sept 2015.

It is exciting to see him get a taste to setup next year. Same with Taillon at AA, realistically both should pitch in MLB next season.

Cole yes. Taillon 2014.

I think Doc's right. I think you'll see them both in Pgh in 2013. They are not going to follow the protocol for the typical prospect. I don't think they'll have much to prove in the minors in June of 2013.

Post subject: Re: Cole to Indy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
DocJeanO wrote:
Very exciting time to be a Bucco fan, me thinks. Some terrific young players already on the Bucs, and some excellent prospects in the pipeline. I'm sure Gerrit Cole won't be in Pittsburgh until June of '13 but it's definitely something to look forward to. Go Bucs!

I think you mean June of 2014, gotta have a full year at AAA you know. By the NH plan a SP should be 25 before earning a MLB spot, that makes Cole's eta Sept 2015.

They've pushed him through three levels this year. It's very clear that the plan to have him in Pittsburgh sometime next year, provided that he has success in AAA.