Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting It Done
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:12 am 

It's painfully obvious to me (as it has been all season long) that the lack of offense will doom this Pirate team.

The Pirates got swept in Colorado earlier. What are the Cards doing? They're winning, and the Pirates are getting BEAT by the Padres IN Pittsburgh...not to mention the fact that the Pirates were swept in St. Louis.

Marte, not being 100% with the bat (IMO), with Walker, Pedro, and Martin are sucking on air and are all contributing to this Pirate issue of an ineffective offense.

I'm watching the other teams in the hunt in the AL and the NL and all of them are scoring 4 or more runs almost every game.

What are the Pirates doing? Not much of anything...uninspired baseball.

The Pirates deserve what they get here at the end of September. How deep will they get into the playoffs (if they make the playoffs)? Not very far with this offense.

It's a shame....I feel for Cutch and the Pirate pitchers who HAVE done their job all season long.

Charlie pitched a great game last night against the Padres. He deserved a better fate. It was up to the offense, minus Cutch of course, to get him the win. They failed...again.

Bottom line...the Cards AND Reds and yes the Nats are scoring runs and winning...the Pirates are NOT scoring runs and losing.