Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5185
Location: Washington, DC
Gotta love the fire in Jason Grilli's belly. The Pirates sign him to a two-year, $6.75 million deal and he unloads on Neal Huntington and the management team for their handling of the 2012 trade deadline. I know some will have a problem with this, but Grilli just wants to F*CKING WIN. In my opinion, that kind of attitude can't hurt.

I'm bolding the last paragraph of the article as evidence that there are quite a few knowledgeable Pirates fans who would like to see Huntington out on his ear. Charlie's with me...

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2013/2/19/400 ... e-deadline

Just to be clear, I don't think what players have to say about their GM's performance is particularly important, but these comments from Jason Grilli are likely to attract some attention, so let's have at it.

"Maybe some of it’s the economics here," Grilli said. "Players know the situation. To get a top-tier bat … maybe the expectations were a little higher on our end. That’s not a knock against who we got. It’s just when you’re winning, it’s like, ‘Dude, do you want to go for the gusto here? Do you want to go for the jugular?’ … Pull the trigger. Do you want to win? Do you want to change?

"As a player, it’s like, ‘Come on. Let’s see. Give us the pieces.’ Last year, the names being thrown around were (Hunter) Pence, (Shane) Victorino, Upton. … If anybody’s going to do it, you’d think a team that hasn’t won and is in first place would be the first to do it. Let’s not wait."


Elsewhere in the piece, Andrew McCutchen says the trades were irrelevant and that the Pirates' players simply "didn't do the job." Which seems to pretty clearly be true if you look at the evidence. Let's just look at the potential trade acquisitions Grilli mentions. Pence produced 0.5 wins above replacement down the stretch with the Giants. Victorino produced 1.1 wins with the Dodgers. Upton produced 1.4 wins after the trade deadline.

Wandy Rodriguez produced 0.7 wins for the Pirates, more than Pence and less than a win less than Victorino and Upton. Why is it that, whenever we hear this argument that the Pirates didn't do enough at the trade deadline, we never hear about Wandy Rodriguez? He's relatively famous, the Bucs took on salary to acquire him, and he pitched fairly well.

And why doesn't anyone else simply do the math on this? The Pirates' decision to acquire Rodriguez rather than Pence, Victorino or Upton cost them less than one win. The one guy who the Bucs might have acquired who would have made any kind of difference was Chase Headley, who played out of his mind down the stretch, but the Pirates finished nine games out of the playoff race. No player is good enough to make that up. (And then there's the considerable cost in prospects it would have taken to acquire Headley, and the fact that it's tough to guess when someone's going to go berzerk down the stretch the way Headley did.) So either the Pirates simply weren't good enough to make the playoffs, or they quit because they didn't get what they wanted (which I doubt is true, but which is the only way I can imagine that the Bucs' trade-deadline performance had any bearing on their failure to make the playoffs). In either case, Grilli is wrong.

I'm not a fan of Neal Huntington, frankly. I think his drafting has been questionable, given the amount of money he's had to work with, and I think progress has come too slowly. If I were Bob Nutting, I would have fired Huntington by now. But these critiques -- not just from Grilli, but from many quarters -- of Huntington's trade-deadline performance are mostly asinine.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2126
There were some guys slowed at the end of last year and that hurt the team badly. Walker, McDonald, ect. That hurt the team. Lack of production.

What Huntington has failed upon has been to many misses in the draft. By now -he talent pool should be higher than high a ball. Very few guys ready to make -he jump to the show and produce. And he hasn't landed any gems. No diamonds


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3690
Location: Economy, PA
While I didn't have a problem with the individual trades per se, you can definitely say they didn't work, at least in terms of last year's performance.

Two years in a row we were much better before the deadline than after, even though we were supposedly adding talent.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2175
I don't agree with Charlie's views a lot, but I'm spot on with his last statement. I had no real problem with the deals at the deadline last year. I would have liked to see them take a bigger run at Headley, but otherwise I didn't complain a bit. Bringing in Burnett and renegotiating the Liriano deal were recent positives too. Having said that, I have no idea why NH and Coonelly are still running the ship. Everything stated in the above bolded paragraph are exactly correct, IMO. Not to mention the fact that he has hired people with little to no baseball teaching experience to run the minor league system, and the evidence is there to show a lack of progress with basic fundamentals, etc with many/most of our players.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5893
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
J_C_Steel wrote:
"Maybe some of it’s the economics here," Grilli said. "Players know the situation. To get a top-tier bat … maybe the expectations were a little higher on our end. [i]That’s not a knock against who we got. It’s just when you’re winning, it’s like, ‘Dude, do you want to go for the gusto here? Do you want to go for the jugular?’ … Pull the trigger. Do you want to win? Do you want to change?

"As a player, it’s like, ‘Come on. Let’s see. Give us the pieces.’ Last year, the names being thrown around were (Hunter) Pence, (Shane) Victorino, Upton. … If anybody’s going to do it, you’d think a team that hasn’t won and is in first place would be the first to do it. Let’s not wait."[/i]


I wonder what Sanchez and Snider would say about whether Grilli's comments are a "knock" against them. Kind of like prefacing your comment with "I don't mean to take issue with what you are saying but . . . " Grilli is absolutely "knocking" two of his current teammates.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
J_C_Steel wrote:
Gotta love the fire in Jason Grilli's belly. The Pirates sign him to a two-year, $6.75 million deal and he unloads on Neal Huntington and the management team for their handling of the 2012 trade deadline. I know some will have a problem with this, but Grilli just wants to F*CKING WIN. In my opinion, that kind of attitude can't hurt.

I'm bolding the last paragraph of the article as evidence that there are quite a few knowledgeable Pirates fans who would like to see Huntington out on his ear. Charlie's with me...

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2013/2/19/400 ... e-deadline

Just to be clear, I don't think what players have to say about their GM's performance is particularly important, but these comments from Jason Grilli are likely to attract some attention, so let's have at it.

"Maybe some of it’s the economics here," Grilli said. "Players know the situation. To get a top-tier bat … maybe the expectations were a little higher on our end. That’s not a knock against who we got. It’s just when you’re winning, it’s like, ‘Dude, do you want to go for the gusto here? Do you want to go for the jugular?’ … Pull the trigger. Do you want to win? Do you want to change?

"As a player, it’s like, ‘Come on. Let’s see. Give us the pieces.’ Last year, the names being thrown around were (Hunter) Pence, (Shane) Victorino, Upton. … If anybody’s going to do it, you’d think a team that hasn’t won and is in first place would be the first to do it. Let’s not wait."


Elsewhere in the piece, Andrew McCutchen says the trades were irrelevant and that the Pirates' players simply "didn't do the job." Which seems to pretty clearly be true if you look at the evidence. Let's just look at the potential trade acquisitions Grilli mentions. Pence produced 0.5 wins above replacement down the stretch with the Giants. Victorino produced 1.1 wins with the Dodgers. Upton produced 1.4 wins after the trade deadline.

Wandy Rodriguez produced 0.7 wins for the Pirates, more than Pence and less than a win less than Victorino and Upton. Why is it that, whenever we hear this argument that the Pirates didn't do enough at the trade deadline, we never hear about Wandy Rodriguez? He's relatively famous, the Bucs took on salary to acquire him, and he pitched fairly well.

And why doesn't anyone else simply do the math on this? The Pirates' decision to acquire Rodriguez rather than Pence, Victorino or Upton cost them less than one win. The one guy who the Bucs might have acquired who would have made any kind of difference was Chase Headley, who played out of his mind down the stretch, but the Pirates finished nine games out of the playoff race. No player is good enough to make that up. (And then there's the considerable cost in prospects it would have taken to acquire Headley, and the fact that it's tough to guess when someone's going to go berzerk down the stretch the way Headley did.) So either the Pirates simply weren't good enough to make the playoffs, or they quit because they didn't get what they wanted (which I doubt is true, but which is the only way I can imagine that the Bucs' trade-deadline performance had any bearing on their failure to make the playoffs). In either case, Grilli is wrong.

I'm not a fan of Neal Huntington, frankly. I think his drafting has been questionable, given the amount of money he's had to work with, and I think progress has come too slowly. If I were Bob Nutting, I would have fired Huntington by now. But these critiques -- not just from Grilli, but from many quarters -- of Huntington's trade-deadline performance are mostly asinine.



Is this new? Maybe its de ja vu, but I swear Grilli made these comments back in December or early January to a local paper.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5185
Location: Washington, DC
No. 9 wrote:
I wonder what Sanchez and Snider would say about whether Grilli's comments are a "knock" against them. Kind of like prefacing your comment with "I don't mean to take issue with what you are saying but . . . " Grilli is absolutely "knocking" two of his current teammates.


I, for one, hope that Sanchez and Snider respond to Grilli's comments by hitting a bunch of home runs this year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2273
Location: Naples, FL
BREAKING NEWS: 36-YEAR OLD PLAYER WANTS TEAM TO MORTGAGE FUTURE THAT HE WON'T BE A PART OF

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5517
Location: Pittsburgh
buccosfan77 wrote:
There were some guys slowed at the end of last year and that hurt the team badly. Walker, McDonald, ect. That hurt the team. Lack of production.

What Huntington has failed upon has been to many misses in the draft. By now -he talent pool should be higher than high a ball. Very few guys ready to make -he jump to the show and produce. And he hasn't landed any gems. No diamonds

Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2175
sisyphus wrote:
buccosfan77 wrote:
There were some guys slowed at the end of last year and that hurt the team badly. Walker, McDonald, ect. That hurt the team. Lack of production.

What Huntington has failed upon has been to many misses in the draft. By now -he talent pool should be higher than high a ball. Very few guys ready to make -he jump to the show and produce. And he hasn't landed any gems. No diamonds

Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?

Please...I'll give you 3 on that list and 2 of them haven't proven it yet. The other has been marginally disappointing considering where he was drafted. Grossman is a huge maybe. Sanchez is a huge disappointment as he should be the starting Pirate catcher by now. And the fact they went out and signed Martin isn't exactly a vote of confidence for him. He is one heckuva Tweeter though. Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin...c'mon. Lots of guys make it to the majors. How about making a legitimate contribution. You are really stretching it to defend NH's drafts with that list. And most of your low A guys are Gayo's finds. NH has been miserable in the draft, especially when you consider where they were drafting and the fact that they bragged about how much extra money they were throwing at draft picks to get them to sign instead of go to college.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 5004
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
sisyphus wrote:
Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?


That is an absolutely awful list of players considering where the Pirates have drafted since he's been in charge.

_________________
West Virginia Mountaineers (6-5) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-8)
Jack Trice Stadium
November 29, 2014 11:00 AM
Fox Sports 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5517
Location: Pittsburgh
PirateParrot wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
buccosfan77 wrote:
There were some guys slowed at the end of last year and that hurt the team badly. Walker, McDonald, ect. That hurt the team. Lack of production.

What Huntington has failed upon has been to many misses in the draft. By now -he talent pool should be higher than high a ball. Very few guys ready to make -he jump to the show and produce. And he hasn't landed any gems. No diamonds

Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?

Please...I'll give you 3 on that list and 2 of them haven't proven it yet. The other has been marginally disappointing considering where he was drafted. Grossman is a huge maybe. Sanchez is a huge disappointment as he should be the starting Pirate catcher by now. And the fact they went out and signed Martin isn't exactly a vote of confidence for him. He is one heckuva Tweeter though. Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin...c'mon. Lots of guys make it to the majors. How about making a legitimate contribution. You are really stretching it to defend NH's drafts with that list. And most of your low A guys are Gayo's finds. NH has been miserable in the draft, especially when you consider where they were drafting and the fact that they bragged about how much extra money they were throwing at draft picks to get them to sign instead of go to college.

Some will make it, some won't, but they are ALL at AAA or higher already. If you can't make a case against Huntington without making stuff up, you aren't really trying very hard.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5517
Location: Pittsburgh
IA Pirate wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?


That is an absolutely awful list of players considering where the Pirates have drafted since he's been in charge.

Really? One guy with a 30 home run season and two number one type starters who will be in the majors by mid-2014 looks like a pretty damn good record to me, not to mention enough prospects to garner Wandy.

Everybody seems to think that the MLB draft is just like the NFL draft. It isn't even close.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
sisyphus wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Obviously you've never heard of Alvarez, Cole, Taillon, Grossman (who brought us Wandy), Sanchez, Curry, Hague, D'Arnaud, Mercer, and Irwin, all of whom were at AAA or higher last year. Shall I go on and list all of the Huntington draftees who were at AA?


That is an absolutely awful list of players considering where the Pirates have drafted since he's been in charge.

Really? One guy with a 30 home run season and two number one type starters who will be in the majors by mid-2014 looks like a pretty damn good record to me, not to mention enough prospects to garner Wandy.

Everybody seems to think that the MLB draft is just like the NFL draft. It isn't even close.


Yeah its the DK argument that "my daughter can make great picks in the top 5 overall" which is nonsense. Kind of like Tampa, the best front office in the game, botching a #1 overall pick. Or of course DL turning a #1 overall and #4 overall into nothing.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1397
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
I think this is a pivotal year for the PBC and its current leadership.

I need to see two arms move into the rotation in the form of NH draft picks. Starters, not relievers.

Maybe I'm on a high since my Sabres finally fired Ruff today, but I want to see movement. Winning starts at the bench, and rolls out onto the field.

NH and CH... Go do it.

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5185
Location: Washington, DC
sisyphus wrote:
Really? One guy with a 30 home run season and two number one type starters who will be in the majors by mid-2014 looks like a pretty damn good record to me, not to mention enough prospects to garner Wandy.


You just named three guys, two of which haven't thrown a pitch in the majors yet. Are you saying that means Neal Huntington has done a great job drafting these past 5 years? Really?

Here's the Pirates' full 2009 draft:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ype=junreg

How's that draft class look to you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2175
sisyphus wrote:
[
Some will make it, some won't, but they are ALL at AAA or higher already. If you can't make a case against Huntington without making stuff up, you aren't really trying very hard.

What exactly did I make up? You listed 3 players who are legitimate, and as I stated we haven't seen 2 of them yet. The other has been marginally disappointing. Also they were obvious picks...no brainers really. The other cast of characters you listed are going to be average major leaguers on their best days. You call that successful drafting? From a guy who has boasted about spending over slot to lock up guys that probably would've gone to college...guys who were supposed to be steals because they would be impact players drafted much lower than their talent level? Where are all of these players? You mentioned Grossman getting us Wandy. Funny that when we acquired Wandy many here were against it, saying he was too old and lost some of his "stuff". Now to make this argument Wandy has suddenly become the next Cy Young.

I didn't make anything up...you just gave a lousy list of names to try and support NH having successful drafts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2175
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Yeah its the DK argument that "my daughter can make great picks in the top 5 overall" which is nonsense. Kind of like Tampa, the best front office in the game, botching a #1 overall pick. Or of course DL turning a #1 overall and #4 overall into nothing.

If you are a MLB GM you better be able to select talent when drafting in the top 5. There are always going to be disappointments here and there, but in general they are no brainer picks. The only nonsense is comparing any GM to Littlefield...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 942
Location: Rochester, New York
PirateParrot wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Yeah its the DK argument that "my daughter can make great picks in the top 5 overall" which is nonsense. Kind of like Tampa, the best front office in the game, botching a #1 overall pick. Or of course DL turning a #1 overall and #4 overall into nothing.

If you are a MLB GM you better be able to select talent when drafting in the top 5. There are always going to be disappointments here and there, but in general they are no brainer picks. The only nonsense is comparing any GM to Littlefield...


Oh come on, Kershaw and Lincecum were both selected after Lincoln. Cameron Maybin was selected before Cutch. Trout was the 25th overall pick for Christ sake. It's an inexact science and the success rate of the top 5 picks (with success being defined as players making the majors) is somewhere around 60%.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grilli Blasts the PBC's Management Team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5893
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
I often read "if we only had a GM like the Rays' Andrew Friedman . .. "

Well, here are the last 5 drafts by the Rays (Friedman was GM for all 5 drafts):

2010 draft: http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ranch_year. 50 picks. Not a single pick has seen major league playing time.

2009 draft: http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ranch_year. 50 picks. Not a single draft pick has seen major league playing time.

2008 draft (which included the #1 pick overall): http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ranch_year. 50 picks. Not a single draft pick has seen major league playing time.

2007 draft (which netted David Price): http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ranch_year. 50 picks/4 with major league playing time.

2006 draft (which netted Evan Longoria): http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft ... ranch_year. 50 picks/5 with major league playing time.

By my count, the Rays have drafted 250 players between 2006 and 2010 and 9 of them have seen major league playing time. And all 9 of those picks were drafted in 2006 and 2007. They've obtained Longoria and Price in that time frame. Friedman is 0 for his last 150 from 2008-2010, including having the first overall pick in 2008.

In BA's latest Top 100 prospects, there are 5 Rays listed. Here they are:
1. #4 Wil Myers (age 22); Not drafted by Rays. Drafted by Royals in 3rd Round of 2009.
2. #36 Chris Archer (age 24); Not drafted by Rays. Drafted by Indians in 3rd Round of 2006.
3. #62 Taylor Guerreri (age 20); Drafted by Rays in Round 1 of 2011
4. #90 Hak Ju Lee (age 22); Not drafted by Rays; signed by Cubs as international free agent
5. #92 Jake Odorizzi (age 23); Not drafted by Rays; drafted by Brewers as supplemental first round pick in 2008.

If only the Pirates had a GM like Andrew Friedman . . .

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits